News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
SMS rate limit
Tags: sms and text messaging
Apr 26, 2016 at 8:51am   •   5 replies  •  0 likes
brimestone

Can i get a clarification on this one. I know there is a rate limit on Authentication, is there a limit on outbound SMS as well?

5 Answers
answered on Jul 1, 2019 at 12:06pm  

It would have been a good option if rate-limit configure option would have been provided to the users to configure on their API. Need an enhancement if possible, that will reduce complexity and empower user to put the rate-limit as per their use case without involving Dev support team in every case.

answered on Apr 26, 2016 at 1:52pm  
Is it important that everyone receive the SMS from the same number? If so, why is that the case here?

This limit is not configurable at the moment but it's good to get more information on use cases.

answered on Apr 26, 2016 at 12:10pm  
Yes, that could work but it will be coming from two numbers instead of just one. 

answered on Apr 26, 2016 at 11:44am  
To send the SMS to all 80+ users at the same time without delay, send the message from 2 extensions where each extension will have a separate rate limit. Break your users into groups of 50 or less and send from separate extensions where each extension has a SMS capable phone number. The numbers can be either direct numbers or digital lines.

Does that help resolve this situation?

answered on Apr 26, 2016 at 9:14am  
I have a need to send identical SMS to 80+ users. How do i achieve this without hitting the 50 Rate limit

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us