News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Need to reset developer/sandbox credentials - how can I remove another user's account?
Tags: sandbox
Apr 12, 2016 at 11:45am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
justin-davis

I'm in a bit of a pickle. Back in December we had an old developer start to work on the RingCentral integration with our software that we are developing. He is no longer with the company, but we are now starting to work on integrating RingCentral again. I have created a totally new app, but I seem to have no ability to remove the original developer's user account, and, more importantly, it's using the same sandbox credentials and says it wants to reset the password and send it to his email.

I want to try and remove his account from the equation totally if possible and kind of start fresh with new sandbox credentials and everything, but I can't figure out how to go about doing that. I am the SuperAdmin for our RingCentral account but can't do much of anything. Any help I could get with this would be much appreciated!

3 Answers
answered on Apr 13, 2016 at 1:07pm  
That's why I'm so confused. This person isn't even a user on our RingCentral system at all any more. Or maybe that's the problem. I'm not sure. I'll probably just open up a case. Thanks!

answered on Apr 13, 2016 at 1:02pm  

Access is controlled through your RingCentral Online Account Portal (https://service[.devtest].ringcentral.com) respectively for the Sandbox and Production accounts. Once you relinquish access to a user in your account here, that person is no longer able to access the Developer Portal or your RingCentral account. Currently, we don't support deleting applications once defined, but Dave Welch is correct on one approach to remove this data from view if it is troubling to you.

You can also submit a support ticket to request that a developer/app is removed from your Developer Portal dashboard.

answered on Apr 12, 2016 at 12:41pm  
Something like this happened to us.  I don't think that you can remove projects using the Developer portal.  We contacted Ring Central through our salesman.  The Ring Central developer support team was able to fix our problem

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us