News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Setting up test Users in Sandbox to retrieve via API
Tags: getting started
Feb 16, 2016 at 7:35am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
ashley

I'm looking for some explanation on the set up of Users for the Sandbox Account.

We have the Sandbox account set up which the admin user can log in. There is currently the admin user (verified) and three other users which have not been verified by email (that's another issue that the Resend Welcome Email does not work).

The App has also been linked up with the Sandbox (I can see it in Authorized Apps in the Sandbox portal). I can successfully create a OAuth token using the Sandbox details - username, and password.

I am then able to make a call to https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~

which returns the current operator(s)... is that correct? Since the other three have not been verfied (and hence are not logged in) they are not returned.

However, I'm struggling to grasp why I am unable to retrieve the operators details IF I have the AccountId and the Extension of the operator. Is it because they are not verified?

I assume (when they are veriifed) that the call would easily be:

https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/<ACCOUNT_ID>/extension/<EXTENSION_NUMBER>

However I am unable to set up users in the Sandbox to actually get there details via the API as the the Resend Welcome Email doesn't seem to work ( I have clicked it a number of times for setting up a test user).

Any help would be much appreciated.

2 Answers
answered on Feb 16, 2016 at 8:48am  
Thanks for the update Ashley,

What URI are you using to fetch this please?

answered on Feb 16, 2016 at 8:02am  
I've made some progress.

The Resend Welcome Email wasn't sending to my work address so I have set it to Gmail and I received it.

So, I have now set up my test user on the Sandbox and I can authenticate this user via the API and receive a Token.

HOWEVER, I am still unable to successfully get a non error response when I call the operator's account itself.

I inserted the Bearer <TEST USER TOKEN> Header and this works for the Admin user but not for the test user.

Returns with:

{
  "errorCode" : "InvalidParameter",
  "message" : "Resource for parameter [accountId] is not found",
  "errors" : [ {
    "errorCode" : "CMN-102",
    "message" : "Resource for parameter [accountId] is not found",
    "parameterName" : "accountId"
  } ],
  "parameterName" : "accountId"
}

I do know the Account ID exists - I navigate to the User's detail and grab the ID from the URL (or I download the list of users and use the MailBox ID).  Is that correct?

Again, help would be much appreciated.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us