News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Get company call statistics in sandbox
Tags: sandbox
Sep 4, 2015 at 7:12am   •   8 replies  •  0 likes
james.odonnell

Is it possible that I can query my actual account in the sandbox mode, I'm trying to pull call stats as we want to develop a live call stat board for our sales agents.

In sandbox mode I can't actually pull any call stats as there are none!!

Any suggestions welcome

Thanks

James

8 Answers
answered on Feb 20, 2016 at 2:32pm  
Hi VB,

I've similar problem - need to implement application which pulls detailed call log via RingCentral API so applied for production in order to have real data and cover all possible call-log record variations. But before qualifying for production RingCentral requested me to use sandbox in order to examine traffic beforehand. However there is no data in sandbox and also I don't have an idea how to emulate real call log records. I there  some simplified approach for application process in such cases? Or maybe you have some test tool which generates different call log types?

Thanks in advance!

answered on Sep 9, 2015 at 4:39pm  
We will consider your suggestion @James

answered on Sep 7, 2015 at 4:10am  
A good idea would be to remove the need for welcome emails on new accounts as this is labour intensive when you only need sample accounts

answered on Sep 4, 2015 at 10:55am  
Thanks so much for the feedback - this is very helpful and makes sense.

answered on Sep 4, 2015 at 10:43am  
@Ashey,

For moving an app to production we need to keep track of your app for few days and make sure your app is running as expected. For this, we check frequency of your api calls  and we expect you to mimic the number of calls you make in production. 

We also need this data to make sure your app is not going to throttle or cause HTTP code 429  error (too many requests error). If that happens, we will ask you to fix it within sandbox environment. When everything is working as expected we move your app to production.  

answered on Sep 4, 2015 at 10:38am  
Hi James/ Claudio,

For now we do not provide any data migrations from production to sandbox due to privacy issues. But the easiest way would be to write a script to generate call log using Ringout api. Let the script run for few minutes to few hours with certain delays between each call and change to  and from numbers during the Ringout.

You could look at my code and make necessary changes or implement it in any programming language that you are familiar with:

https://github.com/vyshakhbabji/Java-Sample-for-Ringcentral-API/blob/master/src/Runner.java

answered on Sep 4, 2015 at 9:51am  
We have the same problem - we wrote an application to pull what we need however it is stuck pending ringcentral approval to go to production.

Now for the good news - It has been stuck for 3 days so far and calling support they tell me - we just have to wait - They refused to give an ETA or help in any way - VERY DISAPPOINTING, starting to regret moving to RingCentral.

answered on Sep 4, 2015 at 7:46am  
I need the same.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us