News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Do I need to register an app before connecting?
Tags: getting started
Aug 27, 2015 at 7:55am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
jeff-stevens

If I am connecting to the APIs from Salesforce - Do I need to register an app at my developer.ringcentral.com account first?

3 Answers
answered on Aug 27, 2015 at 11:28am  
Good our developer portal has all the tutorials and documentation you need to develop your own integration originating from Salesforce.

If you need individual technical support I suggest that you search within the community first then post another detailed question or open a support ticket here

answered on Aug 27, 2015 at 9:05am  
Makes sense.  thanks.

Yes - it looks like the only SMS function is from the softphone.  I am going to want to send SMS's from a Salesforce Contact record.  I thought that I would just build an embedded visualforce page in Salesforce, and call the SMS API's to my RingCental account.  Just working through the oAuth connection code now.

answered on Aug 27, 2015 at 9:02am  
Basically yes.

Whenever you want to use our APIs in order to go to production you need to first build and test your app in the sandbox, then emulate enough of a usage pattern that approximates your production level usage and allow us to monitor your app, then you would request a production key from us.

Could you tell us more about what exactly you are trying to do from Salesforce?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us