News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Are users assigned an MVP or VideoPro license when using Create Extension API
Tags: rest api, extension
Feb 5, 2024 at 1:46pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Jon Landrum

Curious on when using the Create Extension API https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Extensions/createExtension if the user is created as a with a video pro license or MVP like when provisioning from Azure. The sandbox does not have this feature so want to make sure I am creating my app correctly or if there is something more that is required. I could not find anything on the api reference about this. Any clarification on this would be greatly appreciated. As of this moment I have made a powershell module that creates the user but would like to be make sure they are created as a video pro user and not MVP. Thanks.

2 Answers
answered on Feb 13, 2024 at 10:51am  

I just wanted to make sure it was making a free user instead of assigning a license so thats perfect. Thanks for all hardwork on here you have helped me out several times in this forum and I appreciate all your comments.

answered on Feb 8, 2024 at 10:38am  

Using that API will create a new user with a free Mobile User license, similar to the way you manually add a new user using the admin service web portal.

1707417483920.png

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us