News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Transfer a caller in the auto attendant without having them press a number
Tags: auto attendant
Nov 15, 2023 at 8:24am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Todd Stehle

Can a call be transferred to an agent in the auto attendant without having to hit a digit? We would like to give the caller the option to dial an extension if they know it or stay on the line for the next available agent. If no action is taken by the caller lets say after 3 seconds, the call automatically transfers to the agent. It appears that we need to have the caller press a digit to go to an agent but I just want to make sure.

1 Answer
answered on Nov 15, 2023 at 9:36am  

you have the option to do that, but the caller has to listen to the IVR prompt an entire 3 times...
Pretty sure there is already a suggestion made to RC to have this be configurable - for example if caller enters no action connect to an ext. after listening to the prompt 1 time.

See picture related

1700069289606.png

There is 1 workaround to this, but I am not a fan of it. and it will work only if you renumber the extensions to match the key presses. For example

Key press 1 should be going to ext. 1
Key press 2 should be going to ext. 2

and so on.
If this sort of renumbering is fine by you, then I can go in deeper into this workaround.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us