News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
caller id when transferring
Tags: caller id
Sep 19, 2016 at 7:59am   •   5 replies  •  1 likes
sorgert

Using a yealink phone. Transferring calls using the Transfer option, but receiving party sees caller ID of the extension transferring the call instead of the caller id of the caller.

Would it be possible to include the option to have our customer's caller ID reflect, instead of our extension details? We'd really like to have that option.

Thanks

on Sep 16, 2021 at 12:06pm   •  1 likes

On our Polycom phones press-and-HOLD the transfer button makes a big difference in preserving the original caller-id.

ft.

on Nov 12, 2021 at 6:06am   •  1 likes

You are correct David, as shown in this kb article: https://support.ringcentral.com/article/Cold-Transfer-Call-from-Polycom-VVX-Device.html

on Jan 5, 2021 at 10:07am   •  0 likes

why to people keep saying blind transfer can transfer the caller id this is absolutely not true

on Jan 21, 2022 at 2:54pm   •  0 likes

How do you do it? Cause my caller id tell everyone it is my IT guy not the customer calling. I wish they would hurry up and get this fixed, when I transfer a call they say hello Steve, and its not Steve. I do not understand why they have not fixed this yet. It seems to be a big issue.

on Jan 24, 2022 at 8:14am   •  0 likes

Hello @Jennie Jones Have you corrected the Caller ID settings in your online portal? I see that you contacted Technical Support regarding this. Is it still not working on your end?

on Jan 24, 2022 at 9:19am   •  0 likes

No it did not fix it. And it does not seem that it will be. I do not blind transfer so I don't know I give up.

on Jan 24, 2022 at 9:25am   •  0 likes

We don't want to leave you hanging. I suggest contacting Technical Support once again so that they can escalate your ticket if it's not resolved.

on Jan 24, 2022 at 9:29am   •  0 likes

I did, they can not seem to fix it.

on Oct 9, 2020 at 9:14am   •  0 likes

We are using Polycom phones but would like to have this feature as well. The blind transfer requires additional steps for our receptionist who may be receiving many calls at once and does not have the time to do this for all calls.

on Jan 20, 2022 at 8:57am   •  0 likes

Yes as a receptionist this is true...this system is not receptionist friendly.

2 Answers
answered on Nov 16, 2023 at 11:11am  

Hey all, if you have Poly phones, you can change the settings to where all transfers are blind and the caller ID of the original call will show on the other end. Go to settings - basic - preferences - default transfer type - select blind.

answered on Jul 29, 2020 at 7:40pm  

Sorgert,

To get the Caller ID to transfer, you will want to transfer as a Blind Transfer - not a warm transfer (using the Transfer option).

Use this command: ## Ext * or ## Ext # (Blind Transfer from any phone)

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us