News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Start Time of Call Log Record Doesn't Line Up with any Event Time of Telephony Session Event for Same Call
Tags: webhooks, call logs, call handling
Oct 31, 2023 at 9:04am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Addison Cahill

Hello all and apologies for the long title. Hopefully it aptly describes my question but I will elaborate further.

My company collects RC call data for many of our customers - specifically their call data is sent to us via telephony session event webhook. With all the events, we build the call in our system. The issue is that the calls we create do not have the same start time as their call log record in RC. We use the eventTime of the first setup event (sequence: 2) as the calls start time, however, when we hit RC's call log API and find the same call, it has a different start time. The start time of the call log record is often only off by milliseconds, however, it's enough to cause a discrepancy between our system and RingCentrals.

Should we be using a different event for the calls start time so that it lines up with RC? I've looked through the events of a few sessions and it seems that none of the eventTimes of the events line up with the calls start time in RC.

Thank you in advance.

1 Answer
answered on Oct 31, 2023 at 9:20am  

There could be some difference between the telephony session event time and the call record time in the call log. But it would be just about few milliseconds. If you see a big difference (seconds) then please submit a dev support ticket and provide the details.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us