News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
TextBack Feature IVR, Terrible Support, Considering Cancelling!
Tags: rest api, ivr, text
Oct 23, 2023 at 2:46pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Anthony Ivanovsky
1 Answer
answered on Oct 23, 2023 at 3:34pm  

I don't understand how the code you posted above is relating to a RingCentral API call as I don't see a RingCentral endpoint in the code at all.

The answer to your question is "No", there is no event notification for an IVR keypress so it is not possible to detect what a caller press to trigger your code to send a text message to the caller.

However, you can implement a workaround solution like this:

Set your IVR keypress options as normal and use one of the option for sending a text message to the caller e.g. press 4 for receiving a text message. Then at the IVR key press setting, set the key press 4 to route the call to a virtual extension. This will route the incoming call to that virtual extension when the caller press 4.

In your app, you need to subscribe for the extension telephony session event notification and you will receive incoming call notification events when a call is routed to that virtual extension. As soon as you get the incoming call notification, you can grab the caller's phone number and drop the incoming call using this API. Then call the /sms API to send a text message to the caller. If you think that this workaround solution is acceptable, let me know then I can consult you more on the sending SMS messages part.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us