News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Getting Call Log for RingOut call
Tags: ringout
Mar 1, 2023 at 6:52am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Woodrow Chin

If I have the RingOut call "ID", how can I get the full call log so that I can retrieve recordings?

Is the "ID" the same as "SessionID"?

1 Answer
answered on Mar 1, 2023 at 7:32am  

The id returned by the ring-out API is the telephony session id. Unfortunately, the telephony session id is not a filter parameter of the read call log so you cannot use the telephonySessionId directly to read the record. There are 2 options:

1. Read the call log with a short date/time range after the ring-out call terminated. Then search for the telephonySessionId from the call log result to find the call log of that call.

2. Implement telephony session even notification to capture telephony session events. When you receive a telephony session event, match the telephonySessionId in the event with the id you received from the ring-out call to identify the call, then use the sessionId in the event to read the call log record of that call.

You can also read this blog for an alternative way to detect and access call recording.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us