News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Not receiving any calls
Tags: getting started
Feb 6, 2023 at 5:29am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Chandini Paterson

Hi,

New to RingCentral. I am trying to create the app in the Getting Started link RingOut Quick Start (ringcentral.com) . Running the 'node ringout.js' gives me the following output in my Windows console window:

Call placed. Call status: InProgress

However I am not receiving any calls. I have tried setting the 'from' and the 'to' to mobile numbers I have access to. But nothing seems to happen, I do not hear any calls going out/in. What am I doing wrong?

I have tried in both JavaScript as well as C#. Both have the status as InProgress, but no calls

Thanks

on Feb 7, 2023 at 8:16am   •  0 likes

Is this in your sandbox account? Can you make direct call to those phones? Do they ring and you can accept the call?

on Feb 7, 2023 at 8:19am   •  0 likes

Hi, yes this is using my sandbox environment. The From I have set to the Account phone number in the sandbox. And the To is my mobile number, which can accept calls. But nothing seems to happen. The call is stuck in the 'In Progress' state.

on Feb 7, 2023 at 8:22am   •  0 likes

Could this be because the sandbox is a US number and my mobile is UK based?

on Feb 7, 2023 at 8:27am   •  0 likes

That could be the case because sandbox number does not support international calls. Can you add more users and direct number to your sandbox account and make calls between the extensions?

on Feb 7, 2023 at 8:29am   •  0 likes

I did try setting the From and To to UK mobiles but that didn't work either.

How do I add numbers to the sandbox and can these be UK based actual mobile numbers?

on Feb 7, 2023 at 8:49am   •  0 likes

Login your sandbox account, select Users and click "add user" and fill out the form to complete. Add a direct number to that user too. I am not sure what country number you will see. But you can see it when you choose a number.

on Feb 7, 2023 at 9:08am   •  0 likes

Apparently I can't add users to a sandbox account? 1675789698678.png

Do I try creating phone numbers instead? I have no idea what this option means

on Feb 7, 2023 at 9:12am   •  0 likes

Can you give me your sandbox main company number?

on Feb 7, 2023 at 9:13am   •  0 likes

Sure, it is +14702402622. Ext 101

1 Answer
answered on Feb 7, 2023 at 12:55pm  

I added a user "User 2 Test" and 2 phone numbers to your sandbox account. Can you check your email (same email as the 101 extension +123@@eqtr.com) and activate the second user. You can login the RC app with the 2 users on different browsers and try making test RingOut calls.

on Feb 8, 2023 at 2:04am   •  0 likes

Thanks Phong Vu. I have now managed to get the code running and can see the call come up on the app. Thank you so much for your help in this.

How would I take this further? The idea is to have a 'call me' option on a website and have the customer click on it and be able to speak to the team. I can get the call, but don't know how to get the caller to be able to speak. Is there a guide/document on this you can send me please?

on Feb 8, 2023 at 8:08am   •  0 likes

Do you really want the caller to use your number to make a call to your other number via a 'call me' button? Kind an internal call? That is not a good option.

I assume that everyone would have their mobile phone and their own number. And instead of you providing your company phone number on your website so the user can dial the number, you would ask the user to enter their phone number on your webpage, your website frontend will send the user phone number to the backend where you use that phone number to make a ring-out call with the "from" is your company number, and the "to" is the user phone number. This way, the user will get a call on their own mobile phone and your agent will get a call on a RingCentral phone or any phone that the "from" number is associated with.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us