News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
how can I get phone numbers of type "inventory" via API?
Tags: rest api
Jan 30, 2023 at 12:54pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Sky Gray

I have some numbers that employees are migrating and when I search "all phone numbers" in the GUI, I see the number and it says the type is "inventory". when I use the API to get all company numbers, I don't see this number in the list. people have been doing the transferred numbers manually so far, and the automation we made has done the new numbers, but they now want me to process spreadsheets full of transferred numbers via automation. but I can't seem to find these numbers via the API, even though I see them just fine in the GUI. example number I'm speaking of (will redact some, but should be enough to find if you search our account.) 914-***-3592

also, if this turns out to be a thing we can fix, how would I use the api to assign the number to a new user? thanks ahead of time

1 Answer
answered on Jan 30, 2023 at 1:07pm  

it looks like the ones we've been assigning to people with automation are "unassigned extensions". those show up in the API no problem. but the migrated numbers don't for some reason. I assume it's because they aren't assigned to a device? I'm not a voice person, so I'm starting this with a bit of a handicap, so maybe I just need to understand the process better. would they show up like normal if we assign them to a device? if yes, is that what I need to do then, to provision these numbers to the people who have them migrated to ring?

I tried these so far with no luck:

• /account/accountId/phone-number
  • /account/{account_id}/extension

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us