News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
RingOut 3rd party
Tags: rest api
Jul 2, 2020 at 11:11pm   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
Mark Hammans

I am making a centralized system for call control - whereby my app can tell a user's phone to make a call (pretty standard stuff on other platforms)

I am still using the dev sandbox so maybe that is part of the limitation - but anyway here goes with the issue

If I have authenticated my server app as say 'extension 101', when there is a call on 'extension 102' I can control it fine. I can hold / unhold / hangup etc.

But if I tell 102 to make a call ( regardless of what number I tell it to call ) I am getting the following as part of the response. What I want to check is whether
a) I need to get elevated permissions for my 'extension 101' - not sure how to do that in sandbox

or

b) the error code is somewhat generic but in fact there is no way to do this

Content: {

"errorCode" : "CMN-419",

"message" : "In order to call this API endpoint for another extension, user needs to have [InternationalCalls] permission granted with extended scope",

"errors" : [ {

"errorCode" : "CMN-419",

"message" : "In order to call this API endpoint for another extension, user needs to have [InternationalCalls] permission granted with extended scope",

"permissionsName" : "InternationalCalls"

} ],

"permissionsName" : "InternationalCalls"

}

1 Answer
answered on Jul 5, 2020 at 8:44am  

You question is confusing me as the title is about a RingOut and the error is about dialing an international number. Then you escalated comment is about answering an incoming call.

If this is all about answering an incoming call and as you explained your app authentication, the error is quite clear that such an operation is not allowed.

You cannot answer an incoming call on behalf of other user extensions. Even if you login as an admin user. That is why when you login as a 101 extension, you cannot answer incoming calls for 102 or any other extensions.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us