News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Need an Update to custom rcmobile URI scheme that works with new RC App (Glip)
Tags: ringcentral app
Feb 12, 2020 at 1:51pm   •   7 replies  •  1 likes
Nicholas Beatty

The URI rcmobile worked for the Ring Central Phone app but does not work for the RC App. Since the RC Phone app is being retired and replaced by the RC App, this rcmobile URI needs to be updated to work correctly with the RC App. This is a critical problem that needs to be addressed. This rcmobile URI allows for third-party apps to call out using Ring Central. This is a big deal.

Here is the Ring Central link: https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/voice/uri-scheme

Here is the Cloze link that describes the same code/line that needs to work with the RC App: https://help.cloze.com/help/how-do-i-call-or-text-via-ringcentral-from-cloze

These two lines of code need to work with the RC App STAT!

Making phone calls: rcmobile://call?number=
Texting: rcmobile://sms?number={value}&type=new

7 Answers
answered on Mar 25, 2021 at 3:31pm  

Can you guys do me a favor by giving your company name here. I am collecting customers/users inputs to make my request for supporting URI Schemes higher priority. Thanks

answered on Mar 3, 2021 at 11:02am  

Is there any update on this?

I see in the documentation there is this to place a call:

rcapp://r/{phone-number}

But is there an equivalent to this to send an sms message?

on Mar 22, 2023 at 6:29am   •  0 likes

Looking into alternative providers that do support this. This is crucial to my business. if anyone knows of platform that offers URL Scheme to send sms please post

on Mar 22, 2023 at 7:39am   •  0 likes

The only alternative from RingCentral right now is to ask your user to use the RingCentral soft phone (Desktop app) and use these URI schemes:

rcmobile://sms?number=+1650XXXYYYY

rcmobile://sms?number=+1650XXXYYYY&body=Hello%20world

Download RingCentral Soft Phone for Desktop:

on Mar 22, 2023 at 9:54am   •  0 likes

this is just to send new message u cant see the conversation. I am trying out OpenPhone, they have the scheme... but RC has other really good features. so will see

on Mar 22, 2023 at 10:32am   •  0 likes

I am not sure what exactly what you want. It is a click to dial or click to text via URL scheme.

on Mar 22, 2023 at 12:01pm   •  0 likes

URL that open contact's conversation

Ring Central atm only has starting new SMS but does not take u to the conversation chat.

Here are the schemes for

Imessage

Whatsapp

https://api.whatsapp.com/send/?phone=#PhoneNumber#&text&type=phone_number&app_absent=0

OpenPhone

openphone://message?number=#PhoneNumber#&text=HI

on Mar 22, 2023 at 2:31pm   •  0 likes

Then this URI scheme

rcmobile://sms?number=+1650XXXYYYY&body=Hello%20world

is equivalent to

OpenPhone

openphone://message?number=#PhoneNumber#&text=HI

on Mar 22, 2023 at 2:46pm   •  0 likes

No its not, rcmobile://sms?numbe just creates a draft does not show open existing chat conversation. the scheme may look alike but one takes u to the chat where u can see previouse conversation if exist while the RCmobile only shows what you are about to send

on Mar 25, 2021 at 12:28pm   •  0 likes

Not yet. We are working on this still.

So far, only /dial and /call are supported :(

on Apr 28, 2021 at 12:47pm   •  0 likes

Anyway to get this to work on Chrome OS? I'm getting "Google Chrome OS can't open this page."

answered on Jul 1, 2020 at 9:54am  

I agree with Paula and Roozbeh. I need ASAP a solution to this issue. This used to work on desktop and mobile.

answered on Jul 1, 2020 at 11:44am  

answered on Jun 25, 2020 at 2:06pm  

Now that we can't use the RC phone app at all, not having this option is a real problem.

we like to use the rcmobile://sms?=number function to put a link with a phone number in our slack channel that automatically opens the app to text that number

Please advice when this is fixed ASAP

answered on Jun 10, 2020 at 1:20pm  

Thank you, this would help as we have plugins in applications that currently rely on this.

answered on Feb 12, 2020 at 2:05pm  

Hi Nicholas,

It looks like we haven't defined one for the RC App yet. I will discuss internally and hopefully we will implement it soon.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us