News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Chrome is reporting an error when loading the extension from the dist directory during the widget tutorial. How do I resolve this?
Tags: sdk
Jun 23, 2020 at 3:45pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Lucas Heneks

We are investigating the possibility of using a chrome extension. I attempted to follow along with this tutorial: https://ringcentral-tutorials.github.io/build-chrome-ringcentral-widgets-extension-for-crm/#0

However, at step 3, when loading the extension from the dist directory, chrome reports an error:

There isn't much for me to change in the steps of the tutorial, just couple of npm calls and config.js changes described in the tutorial. Does anyone have any ideas for getting it working?

2 Answers
answered on Jun 23, 2020 at 10:30pm  

Lucas,

You may try create the app again, I have updated the template. Let me know if you have any problem.

npx ringcentral-embeddable-extension-factory my-app

answered on Jun 23, 2020 at 7:27pm  

Hi Lucas, it seems there are issues in `background.js` file that generated and built by ringcentral-embeddable-extension-factory

I created a issue here https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-embeddable-extension-factory/issues/32 to follow it

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us