News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Import Data Missing Asstance RC Call Logs to Sheets
Tags: rest api
Jan 7, 2020 at 1:29pm   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
Ramin Atta

Hello,

I am very new to coding, API ect.

Basically I am trying to import call log information using Zapier into a google sheet. There are data sample fields that are not coming through via Zapier that we require in order to use the data. "Result" data is the main field we need that will not zap through.

I have been told we need a custom API for that, but I have no idea where to start, nor do I understand what needs to be done once I have a custom API.

Any help provided would be appreciated.

Thanks

2 Answers
answered on May 18, 2020 at 11:57am  

Having done some work connecting a CRM to google sheets using their API and google apps script, I've come back to try to do the same thing here, again.

All I want is to pull as many detailed company call logs from the past 24 hours until now (current time) as I can into google sheets so I can count how many dials/contacts are being completed by each sales person each day. I can't even seem to pull ANY records in the past so I'm not worried about "real time" issues. Lets pull a record first.

The CRM I was working with only has Basic Auth and RC uses Oauth2 and I'm not sure how to "upgrade" my script to this style, so I have tried another way.

The other way I tried was with API Connector but it doesn't pull any records, just like my issue posted in January.

I'm using the API builder in CURL so its pretty standard url and headers.

answered on Jan 7, 2020 at 2:15pm  

Since you are new to everything, I recommend you try the API explorer to see what you would get from the call-log API, and also try from the code in a programming language you are familiar with.

- API Explorer: https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Call-Log/readCompanyCallLog

- Quick start: https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/voice/call-log/reading-call-log

Also read this blog to see how the call log data can be read and parsed.

Then you can come back to ask for more specific questions so I can help you better.

answered on Jan 13, 2020 at 7:26am  

The link for Quick start suggests I should not use Call Log API for real time reporting which is essentially what I am trying to do.

There are no fields or data in the records after I create the API using ~ as the account ID. No I dea how to make this work.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us