News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Authenticate Error (OAU-140), C#
Tags: authentication
Apr 20, 2020 at 6:47am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
Matthew T

After walking through the setup process to setup a sandbox account and creating a sample application using API examples provided I am unable to get past the authentication. Have tried both sandbox and production account credentials along with multiple password resets on both accounts. Code below;

string RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTID = "myClientID<used copy/paste>";
string RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTSECRET = "myClientSecrete<used copy/paste>";

string RINGCENTRAL_USERNAME = @"sandbox/prod phone #<used copy/paste>";
string RINGCENTRAL_PASSWORD = "getyourownpassword<used copy/paste>";
string RINGCENTRAL_EXTENSION = "101";
bool RINGCENTRAL_PRODUCTION = false;
RestClient restClient;
restClient = new RestClient(RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTID, RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTSECRET, RINGCENTRAL_PRODUCTION);
Task.Run(async () => await restClient.Authorize(RINGCENTRAL_USERNAME, RINGCENTRAL_EXTENSION, RINGCENTRAL_PASSWORD)).Wait();

I suspect the issue might be in my configuration within the app or site settings, but after having spent enough time digging, I am at a loss.

3 Answers
answered on Apr 20, 2020 at 11:26am  

Logged in without the extension to the web portal, but specified the extension with the API call as per my code in my original post.

answered on Apr 20, 2020 at 8:57am  

I cannot think of other reasons than somehow you provided wrong login credentials. To make sure if you can login your app with your sandbox credentials, first check if you can login this site https://service.devtest.ringcentral.com. Then use the exact credentials to login your app.

answered on Apr 20, 2020 at 9:44am  

Indeed I am able to login with the same credentials into your linked site. Again, I am only using copy paste to make sure there isn't a single typo just as I did for the login. Could there be a service on ringcentral's part? or the faulty API?

answered on Apr 20, 2020 at 9:01am  

I cannot think of other reasons than somehow you provided wrong login credentials. To make sure if you can login your app with your sandbox credentials, first check if you can login this site https://service.devtest.ringcentral.com. Then use the exact credentials to login your app.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us