News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
RingCentral Embeddable return Refresh token is missing
Tags: authentication
Mar 20, 2020 at 1:37am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Geordano

Hello, I am using RingCentral Embeddable using my Sandbox Environment test data

When trying to login, it connects but then I get this error

Uncaught (in promise) Error: Refresh token is missing

Uncaught (in promise) Error: Refresh token is missing

Why could this be happening?

Thanks!

1 Answer
answered on Mar 20, 2020 at 8:14am  

Can you let me know the platform type of your app? Or give me the app client id so I can check it.

on Oct 27, 2021 at 11:19am   •  0 likes

I found this old question to a problem I am experiencing. My application uses "Password-based auth flow" and "Issue refresh tokens" is set to "Yes." Every so often I receive "Refresh token is missing." Sometimes my application recovers from this, but other times I have to restart the application to get it to work again. I never know when I will receive it. I have had the application run for a few days without seeing the problem. I have also seen it pretty quickly after the application starts.

My Client ID is 2Jq2niD7TFev7x8voo8Cdg

on Oct 27, 2021 at 12:43pm   •  0 likes

I don't think that this is the same issue as your app is password flow. The issue in this original question is about the RC embeddable which requires 3-legged authorization.

In your case, I am sure that the issue happened when you are testing different apps (your codes) which use the same RC app client id and login with the same user.

on Oct 27, 2021 at 8:46pm   •  0 likes

Hi @Andrew Prokop It is recommended to use 3-legged-OAuth flow (Javascript) with refresh flow for the Embeddable widget. With other flows, you need to pass app client secret to the widget for refreshing token.
Can you help to create developer support ticket here https://developers.ringcentral.com/support/create-case with your Embeddable version, client id, logs and HAR file.They can help us track the issue.

To collect HAR file, you need to open Chrome developer tool first, then reload the page to reproduce the issue. Then in network panel, right click to save all as HAR with content.

on Oct 28, 2021 at 6:09am   •  0 likes

@Embbnux Ji I've written a server application that doesn't need a user interface. From what I can tell from the RC application creation process, that's where I should be using a Password-based auth flow.

on Oct 28, 2021 at 7:20am   •  0 likes

If you wrote a server application that doesn't need a user interface, why and how do you use it with the RC embeddable?

on Oct 28, 2021 at 7:25am   •  0 likes

I am sorry if I caused confusion. I tacked my question onto this one only because I was receiving a "Refresh Token Missing" error, too. That was the similarity. I didn't want to create a new question if it was basically the same problem. I see now that it is different enough.

on Oct 28, 2021 at 7:33am   •  0 likes

That was why I wrote it is not the same issue and I also gave my suspected reason. This happens to me too, many time. E.g. I have an app running on a remote server using password flow and it would refresh the access token using the refresh token. But every time I test some other code locally using the same app client id/secret, my remote app would stop working because the refresh token become invalid due to the local authentication several times which causes one of the existing tokens to be revoked.
In your case, I am sure that the issue happened when you are testing different apps (your codes) which use the same RC app client id and login with the same user.

on Oct 28, 2021 at 9:00am   •  0 likes

That could have been my case. I had an old application running in the background that used the same ID and Secret. I've killed it and will wait and see if the problem shows up again. Thanks for your assistance!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us