News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Cannot log into RingCentral App or Admin with my developer account
Tags: log in
Jun 15, 2021 at 8:16am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Andrew Prokop

I always receive the following error when logging into the admin portal or the application. Since this is a developer account, aren't I the admin? Should I be setting something somewhere? I can't see where.

"Sorry, you currently don't have permission to access this service. Contact your administrator to change permissions."

I can log into my developer console, build application, etc. I just can't log into the user part of the account. I need to do that in order to set my fax default values.

1 Answer
answered on Jun 15, 2021 at 8:33am  

Sandbox service web server is https://service.devtest.ringcentral.com

And you need to login with your sandbox user credentials. NOT the login credentials of your developer portal.

on Jun 15, 2021 at 8:59am   •  0 likes

Thanks. I thought I was doing that by clicking on the link on my link on my developer page.

Now that I am in, I still have issues. I am trying to change my default fax values, but when I press Save I receive an Alert that says "JEDI Error."

Any idea as to what that might be?

on Jun 15, 2021 at 9:34am   •  0 likes

I see the same question from the customers community w/o an answer. Can you give me your sandbox main company number?

https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/96311/has-anyone-had-the-jedi-error-pop-up-when-they-try.html

on Jun 15, 2021 at 10:08am   •  0 likes

This is what it says on my portal for main company numbe:
+16125646028

on Jun 15, 2021 at 10:15am   •  0 likes

That is not your sandbox main company number. The right one is +12052066781

You don't have a fax number in your sandbox. Your only user extension (101) does not have any phone number. How and what do you want to change the fax settings? Or are you talking about your production account?

on Jun 15, 2021 at 10:33am   •  0 likes

That is what it shows when I click on my developer portal. It clearly shows the gmail address of my developer account.

All of this brings me to an even bigger issue I have been having. I have a production account and a developer account. They use different email addresses, However, for some weird reason, they seem to get mixed together. I make sure that I am not logged into both at the same time. I have no idea how to fix that or why it's happening.

I would love it if I could speak with someone from RingCentral to get this figured out. It gets in the way of my development efforts.

on Jun 15, 2021 at 10:42am   •  0 likes

Send me your number and best time to contact you so I can help. phong.vu@ringcentral.com

on Jun 15, 2021 at 10:50am   •  0 likes

I am available from now until 4:30 CDT. 651-230-7245. Thanks!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us