News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Glip.DevTest.RingCentral.Com Issues - why can I not sign in?
Tags: errors, log in, rest api
Apr 6, 2021 at 9:07am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Nate Breeden

Last week I wasn't able to get to this page at all, this week I can get to the page but after logging in I get the following error:

Sign in failed

Sorry, something went wrong on our end and we weren't able to sign you in.

This happens on multiple machines, any browser, and on different networks, using the same sandbox credentials.

rc-error.png

2 Answers
answered on Apr 8, 2021 at 9:07am  

To anyone else who runs into this, if you have a federated account you are building the app for(2 separate RC accounts/companies that are linked together): My issue was that my main account used the same email address as my federated account, so the app would try to authenticate using my production credentials(even though I was using my sandbox credentials) which is associated to two accounts, and due to that would not let me sign into Glip. To work around this I changed both my federated account email address to an alias, and changed my sandbox extension email address to that same alias. Then I was able to sign into Glip successfully and make Glip API calls.

Thanks again for the help Phong!

answered on Apr 6, 2021 at 10:44am  

on Apr 6, 2021 at 11:25am   •  0 likes

For over 2 weeks??? Trying to get to work on my app and at a standstill until I can move it to production, last week I was able to complete all of my calls except the Glip calls, now I'm back to square 1 with all of my calls because I can't sign into Glip.

So frustrating. Maybe I should reach out to my RC rep and see if they can just push me to production? You think that would work?

on Apr 7, 2021 at 1:51pm   •  0 likes

It really works for me and others. Not sure what remains in your browser caches or cookies.

on Apr 7, 2021 at 2:00pm   •  0 likes

Hey Phong,

So you can sign into that page and access Glip? Not just get to the page, but actually sign into it with sandbox credentials? I even tried it on my home network, totally disconnected from my company network, on my personal laptop that I have not been using - So it is definitely not a caches or cookies issue, maybe there is an issue with my sandbox account permissions? It has the Glip permissions

on Apr 7, 2021 at 2:42pm   •  0 likes

Yes, I am able to log in. Here is the screenshot. To be honest, last time I experienced the same problem and reported to the team. Everyone came back saying they could login but me. I cleared my browser caches and cookies, closed the browser and re-login and the problem disappears.

screen-shot-2021-04-07-at-23928-pm.png

on Apr 8, 2021 at 6:28am   •  0 likes

Also, if you would like me to send you over my sandbox creds in a email, I would bet you a dozen cupcakes from your bakery of choice that it will not let you sign in.

on Apr 8, 2021 at 6:22am   •  0 likes

Hey Phong,

Thanks for the reply, I've cleared my cache and cookies multiple times, as well as trying different machines, browsers, networks, even OS', and still receiving the same error.

There has to be some kind of issue with my sandbox credentials and having access to Glip devtest. How can I get this resolved? Submitting a help ticket has no return, I've sent them daily tickets and never get a reply. All I want to do is put my app in production so I can start automating for my federated account, I already have the same automation working on my main company account, so this is really frustrating.

Thank you again for the help

on Apr 8, 2021 at 6:53am   •  0 likes

I think I found out the actual issue, after logging in, then going to the same URL in your screenshot (glip-app.devtest.ringcentral.com) then clicking login, I get this error.

Who can help me resolve this one? If you want the UID's let me know.

This app is for a federated account under my main account, I was told originally that my private app would work on both accounts, the dev team told me after 2 months of hounding them that I would need a separate private app for my federated account.

Please help! Thanks.

rc-glip-error.png

on Apr 8, 2021 at 7:20am   •  0 likes

Check your email or Glip message.

on Apr 6, 2021 at 12:42pm   •  0 likes

Yes, that would be better to resolve your pending issues

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us