question

stephanie avatar image
stephanie asked Phong Vu commented

How to make a call with Sandbox

I have a Sandbox account configured.

I am trying to make an outbound call to see if my webhooks are working properly but cannot make one.

I tried with the Softphone. I switch the softphone to Sandbox, can connect but I cannot make any outbound call and I read on the community that it is not working on MAC. I don't know if it is still the case.

Then from the Sandbox account, from the Call log page, I tried to click on my phone number. The RingOut popup is always asking me for a Custom phone number otherwise I cannot make any call. I tried to make my phone number or any phone number and the calls are not working.

So can someone point me out how to make a call from the Sandbox? I am fine if there are some specific number I can call. I just want to make a call, receive it and read the recording associated.

Thanks for your help.

Stephanie

developer sandbox
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered
Hi Stephanie,

My apologies for the delayed response!

Can you do a quick check and let me know what you see.
1. Login to your sandbox account https://service.devtest.ringcentral.com
2. Click the Users tab and select the user with the phone number you were trying
3. Slect the Phones & Numbers option from the right panel. Then select the Phones tab
4. Click the Edit button and read the Device, PC name and Status values 

If status is "online", click the "Deauthorize this Computer" button and save the settings. Then from your softphone, logout and close your softphone (on MacOS, you have to Quit the app). Reopen the softphone then login and try again.

If the status is "offline", do the same steps as the above without the option to deauthorize your computer. Refresh the browser and let me know if the status stays as "offline" all time.

I don't understand your first question which has something to do with "webhooks". So please explain more about what and how you try with webhooks.

+ Phong
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

stephanie avatar image
stephanie answered stephanie commented
Hi Phong,

Thanks a lot for your answer.
Actually, on the Users tab, my user had misconfigured number. The number was under Number tab and not Phone tab. I didn't pay attention when I set it up. So I followed your instructions and now I am able to make the call from the softphone with the proper From and To numbers. Yoohoo!!!!
Concerning the webhooks part, I am connecting my application with a RingCentral account (for now the Sandbox). When connecting the account I subscribe to the RingCentral webhooks in order to be notified when a call has been made. So I did this part successfully and I am receiving all the notifications. However, I would like to record the call. I tried to follow the indications in the documentation Phone System > Auto-receptionist > Call on demand and it is ON.
When I making a call from the softphone, I am trying to click on Record but it doesn't seem to do anything, I even tried to type *9 but I have the same result. Is it working with the Sandbox or not?

Thanks for your help
Stephanie
4 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Stephanie,

Good to hear you can make a call now.

For auto record in sandbox, we can help to turn it on if you provide us with your account number. Please send your account info to our developer support team on a help ticket.

Bests,

+ Phong

1 Like 1 ·
ak avatar image ak commented ·
Stephanie,

We have enabled the Auto Call Recording feature on your sandbox account. Please verify if you can record the call automatically now. 
1 Like 1 ·
stephanie avatar image stephanie commented ·
Yes, it is working perfectly!
Thank you for your quick action on this!
Stephanie
1 Like 1 ·
stephanie avatar image stephanie commented ·
Perfect I sent an email with my Sandbox account.
Thanks for your help!
Stephanie
0 Likes 0 ·
etam-singh8884 avatar image
etam-singh8884 answered Phong Vu commented
can we use ring central service all around the world.Or its service is limited to some countries.
1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Etam,

Please refer to this document for detailed information about RingCentral international service. From that site, you can always chat with our representatives to learn more.

https://www.ringcentral.com/office/features/global-office-communications/solutions.html

+ Phong
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys