question

Cremation Lab avatar image
Cremation Lab asked Cremation Lab commented

Not Understanding the WebRTC API

I built a quick app with the WebRTC API using the PHP demo code. I have my cell phone set as the recipient and when I run the code my cell phone rings. But what I hear on the other end is both "This is a test from Ring Central..." but I also hear my own voicemail answering. Why does it do that?

Also, I have a RC softphone app on my Mac that is logged into that RC number but nothing happens, should it ring? My expectation is that my mobile will ring and I answer and the softphone will ring and i will answer that as well, and be connected. Am I wrong?

getting started
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Looks like the problem is not relating to WebRTC API. What you heard first "This is a test call from Ring Central..." is the "water mark" of RingCentral sandbox account. You won't hear that in your production account. You also heard your own voicemail answering might be because of your extension settings which directs incoming call to your voice mailbox.

You wrote "Also, I have a RC softphone app on my Mac that is logged into that RC number but nothing happens...", I am not sure who calls whom and why both phones (mobile and Mac) should ring. Please describe better so I can understand your problem.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys