News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
SMS logs from Admin
Tags: sms
Feb 18, 2021 at 6:33am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Cameron Smith

Can I see from my Admin account a log of SMS sent by users on our account?

1 Answer
answered on Jun 27, 2023 at 10:03am  

Just updating this old thread as this comes up often on google search. This is for the benefit of new comers to this page.

Yes, since Sept, 2022 we do have capability in admin portal for customer admins to check SMS usage logs. Once admin logs in to https://service.ringcentral.com/, please go to Reports -> SMS logs. You have an option to view up to last 60 days of usage logs on screen, and also can click on download and export sms logs as a CSV for up to 1 year.

Regards

Gurpreet Singh

GPM, RingCentral Platform

on Oct 16, 2023 at 3:59pm   •  0 likes

What ROLE checkbox controls this if I want give a supervisor access to SMS Logs? I can't seem to create custom role that has the same Reports options that SuperAdmin does. Thanks.

on Oct 18, 2023 at 11:51am   •  1 likes

Hello @matt-gregory , as of now, SMS Usage Logs is only available to Super Admins, and we can't provide it's access to any other role.

However, this feature is in our backlog, and we will try to make this available in future.

Regards

Gurpreet Singh

Platform PM, RingCentral Inc.

on Nov 2, 2023 at 10:15am   •  0 likes

Oof, that's incorrect. Not sure why the Community notification came through 2 weeks later, but I figured out how to give that access through custom roles. A few different checkboxes will do it, but specifically Inventory & Billing > Usage Information gives the user access to SMS Log.

on Mar 26, 2024 at 6:04am   •  0 likes

Matt - I tried giving a user access to Inventory & Billing - Usage information but she still is unable to see the SMS Usage option. The billing option itself does not appear. What role does your user have and is there any other options that the user has?

Thank you

on Jun 27, 2023 at 1:15pm   •  0 likes

Thank you @Gurpreet Singh!

answered on Feb 18, 2021 at 7:10am  

Hi @Cameron Smith, this is not an option as an Admin.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us