question

mg8729 avatar image
mg8729 asked embbnux-ji2 commented

Can I have a Glip bot in multiple companies / Glip instances?

I have the following use case:

* A user from Glip (it could be any Glip) needs to be able to interact with 'our app'.

* Our app needs to update a DB and respond to the user based on what the user entered.

* I'm not sure if it's possible to have a bot that would be integrated in multiple Glips?

* If so, would there be a way to have a button 'Add bot to Glip' on our app? At the moment, I see that button in the dev console and it seems like this would link it to the corresponding glip VS the current dev account?

* If it's not possible with a bot or if there's something more efficient, how could we achieve that?

getting started
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered sterling-staffing-solutions8763 commented
Hi Mg,

Just want to clarify one thing before I'll look into a solution for your problem.
Saying "any glip" and "multiple glips" do you mean "any glip channels under the same account" or from different accounts? 

Thanks,
Phong
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

sterling-staffing-solutions8763 avatar image sterling-staffing-solutions8763 commented ·
Phung - you seem to be extremely knowledgeable. Can you help me fix a Fax API issue please?  Please see my profile or email to scarter@sterlingtherapy.com
0 Likes 0 ·
mg8729 avatar image
mg8729 answered
Hi Phong!

I mean different accounts. Like the company ABC inc has a glip and wants these features, then the company Cleaning inc also has a glip and wants these features, etc.
1 |3000

embbnux-ji2 avatar image
embbnux-ji2 answered
Hi, Mg,

You can create a Bot in public type. So it can be installed in different account. Every account can install it by 'Add to Glip' button. and it will creates different bot user for different account. When different account install glip bot, your server can get different token.    

You can try this  https://github.com/embbnux/botbuilder-glip . it supports public bot.

Thanks
1 |3000

mg8729 avatar image
mg8729 answered embbnux-ji2 commented
Thank you for your answer Embbnux Ji, but I'm not sure I understand your answer.

What would be the process for a customer to add our bot? What do you mean by 'Add to glip button'? 

I saw a 'add to glip' button, but in my  developer.ringcentral.com account when creating the app. Is there a way to add a 'Add to glip' button anywhere (like on our own web app)?

Or would a customer need to create a developer account? If so, how do they 'find' our bot to add it? Is there a catalog of bots when the bot is public?

Ideally, we would want a way for the users to simply click a button and integrate the app or bot in their Glip account, without having to create a Ring Central dev account.

For example on Slack, there's a way to package a bot with a slack app:
https://api.slack.com/bot-users#attaching_bot_users_to_a_slack_app

So that users just have to click a 'install to slack' button that you can put anywhere and adds a bot user into their slack team.
1 comment
1 |3000

embbnux-ji2 avatar image embbnux-ji2 commented ·
After bot app goes to production, you can set 'Add to Glip' in RingCentral app gallery or a button in your website. Customer doesn't need dev account.  https://apps1.ringcentral.com/apps?compatibility=ringcentral&appCategory=Bots
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys