News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Missed call notification not working
Tags: webhooks, rest api
Feb 1, 2021 at 7:47pm   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
Jay Vercellone

Hello,

I am trying to set up a webhook notification for missed inbound calls. I'm using the following event filter for that purpose:

/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/{extensionId}/telephony/sessions?direction=Inbound&missedCall=true

However, whenever there's a missed inbound call, I get no notifications whatsoever.

If I remove the missedCall=true parameter, I get 3 notifications for every missed call:

1. The call "Setup" notification (where missedCall = false)
  2. The "Voicemail" notification (where missedCall = false)
  3. The "Disconnected" notification (where missedCall = true)

If I set the missedCall=false parameter, I get the first 2 notifications, which leads me to think that there's something wrong with the RingCentral notifications when it comes to missed calls in particular.

Any ideas?

3 Answers
answered on Feb 2, 2021 at 5:29pm  

To add more information, here's the event I received when the subscription was set at the account level:

1612315649607.png

I then changed the subscription to receive events at the extension level, using the same extension ID as above:

1612315534270.png

And after that, I stopped receiving the notifications.

on Feb 2, 2021 at 6:14pm   •  0 likes

I asked you are you sure the incoming call was dialed to a phone number belong to that extension (id: 287893004)?

I tested on my account and I got it works for both account level and extension level. Pls double check the phone number.

on Feb 2, 2021 at 6:57pm   •  0 likes

Yes, it's going to that extension. That's actually the only extension I have. You can verify from the payload above, that the account-level notification I received when calling the extension matches the extension ID that I put later in the event filter. I then proceeded to do the same test, calling the same extension, and did not receive the notification.

on Feb 2, 2021 at 8:18pm   •  0 likes

That's weird. It works as expected for me on both sandbox and production account.

Are calls made during your test with account level and extension level from the same phone to the same number? Which app do you use to login and receive or make calls?

I see a strange setting in your call handling even that should not be the root cause of this. You "forward" call to your own number then to your home number.

screen-shot-2021-02-02-at-81653-pm.png

answered on Feb 2, 2021 at 5:23pm  

The extension ID is correct I assume, since I'm getting all the other extension-specific notifications.

When I subscribe to the account-level notification instead, I do get the notification, but I'm not able to specify which extension to monitor.

So to summarize, this is my experience:

• The extension ID is the correct one (I'm getting all the notifications for that extension when specifying the extension ID)
  • The missedCall=true filter works only at the account-level notifications

answered on Feb 2, 2021 at 8:10am  

You are using the extension level "/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/{extensionId}/", are you sure that you made a call to one of the phone numbers of that extension?

Can you try the account level and run your test?

/restapi/v1.0/account/~/telephony/sessions?direction=Inbound&missedCall=true

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us