News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Audio delivery to an address that is not the SIP server
Tags: sip
Jan 21, 2021 at 8:15am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
AdminDev User1

We have a SIP server registered with RC using a supervisor's number, which will auto answer incoming SIP calls.

We then perform a supervisor monitor request on a call and our SIP server receives and answers the SIP call.

We want the audio packets for the call to be sent to the IP address and port specified in the SDP of the 200 OK, which may not be the same address as the SIP server.

This only seems to work if the IP address matches the address provided in the 'Contact' header of the original REGISTER.

Is there a way we can have the audio delivered based purely on the SDP ?

1 Answer
answered on Jan 26, 2021 at 1:28pm  

Here's a presentation we did at the last RC developer conference that might be helpful:
https://ev.ringcentral.com/developerconferenceonline2020/800220?i=8SGkzh-z9EQcx_ZXyTLvL1GQ_pTY-7DT
In terms of implementing what you are asking for, I'm a bit out of my depth on what is accepted within the SIP protocol regarding the response. However, I would expect that if you want to change where the audio is sent you would want to provide a "302 Moved Temporarily" (redirect) response. I don't know if RC will honor the redirect or not, but that might be worth trying to see what happens.

Good luck!

Rich

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us