News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Extend Dial Time on Yealink T48S
Tags: desk phones, yealink
Jan 19, 2021 at 6:01am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
michael-high

We are using the Yealink T48S desk phones. When someone starts dialing a number, if there is more than a 2 second delay in finishing the number, the phone auto dials what is already there. The call of course then doesn't go through. Using information found on the internet, I found where I am supposed to be able to increase that time. However, it's not working. Anyone have any thoughts or have dealt with this themselves?

3 Answers
answered on Jan 20, 2021 at 6:52am  

No worries. It's been one of those weeks for me as well. :)

I did find that setting and changed it to 10s with both the 'Live Dialpad' option enabled and disabled. Unfortunately, that didn't help. It's still autodialing if I pause more than ~1.5 seconds when typing in a number.

Maybe with this being a RingCentral phone, they did something to the firmware to ignore those settings?

on Mar 16, 2021 at 5:46pm   •  0 likes

Check my comments above. It was user error opening a line and expecting the phone to know not to dial out.

If you hear a dial tone you can expect it to dial out as soon as a pause (2 sec) occurs no matter what setting is applied.

on Mar 16, 2021 at 5:47pm   •  0 likes

Heh... PEBKAC.

Good luck!

on Mar 19, 2021 at 7:38am   •  1 likes

PEBKAC is about right!

After my last post, I kind of gave up on it as it "wasn't working". Most of my users were either picking up the handset or speaker before dialing. Once I saw your posts above, I tested with a couple of users and it works as you said. Thanks!!

Now, just need to retrain how they use the phone....

on Mar 21, 2021 at 7:59pm   •  0 likes

"This is the way."

haha, Godspeed!

answered on Jan 19, 2021 at 10:02am  

If you have access to the backend GUI - it's under Settings / SIP / Digitmap Timeout - there's a second count for each of the Digitmappings directly above. We found 4 to be too long, and have impatient users, and set ours to 2 seconds for each.

should look like:

3|3|3|3|3

for as many mappings you have. The 'pipe' is the shifted character above the Enter key. ( \ | )

Hope that helps.

answered on Jan 19, 2021 at 2:00pm  

I logged into the GUI of the T48S and am not seeing that Digitmap Timeout option. Under SIP, all I have is a few SIP session Timers and a couple of SIP Ports.1611093596214.png

on Jan 19, 2021 at 3:04pm   •  0 likes

Well, don't I feel sheepish - I was provisioning a Polycom when I saw the message and just switched screens... If you're ever on a Polycom - that's where that setting is.

Yealink: Under the Settings / Preferences tab:

yealink-time.jpg

Let me know.

on Mar 16, 2021 at 2:33pm   •  0 likes

Would love to know if this worked or not. Have the same request.

on Mar 16, 2021 at 3:14pm   •  1 likes

Worked for us... but Michael and others would need to verify. I just tested again changing the 2 to a 5 and pressing just one digit - and counting. Worked. Just make sure the option above - Live Dialpad is enabled.

Have fun.

on Mar 16, 2021 at 5:43pm   •  0 likes

It's 100% user error.

They were hitting the speakerphone, opening a line, and then entering the numbers so slowly.

I let them know they can just enter the numbers BEFORE hitting a line / speakerphone to avoid having it dial out automatically.... as the default setting is to have Live Dialpad disabled.

Thank you!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us