News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Asterisk link
Tags: phone
Dec 24, 2020 at 3:10pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Ian Bonham

Good Morning Everyone, and a Happy Christmas!

As I am home over the Xmas period unable to see my family (Thanks CoVID and 2020) I'm using the time to solve a few issues. I hope someone can help out?

On my RC system I can dial an extension and connect to a public address tannoy in my shop. This is great for calling people we need to find, who have turned ringtone down to 0. However we also use the tannoy to make announcements to the public, and at the moment I have to get a member of staff to do this manually every 15 minutes. (basically we are reminding customers to social distance and respect staff etc)

I use an Asterisk server at home to deal with my incoming lines, and I would like to connect my Asterisk server to my RC account, so then I could program up a script to automate it dialling the tannoy extensions and playing a wav, so I'm not taking people away from their jobs all the time.

I have pjsip on my Asterisk 18.0.1 server and I'm having massive problems getting Asterisk to connect to RC. My home desk phone works, but Asterisk keeps getting a 403.

Could anyone please send me a working example of pjsip.conf in Asterisk connecting to RC please? Mask out your ID's, but please, show me how you did it, and help me support my team in the shop by automating announcements. I cannot tell you how that would help my team, and support them during this shit time. I want to do my best for them, and I need your help. Please.

Thanks to anyone that can help,

Ian B

1 Answer

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us