News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
RingCentral: can't add a guest member to a team
Tags: message
Dec 28, 2020 at 12:45pm   •   14 replies  •  2 likes
nax-nacua

We are unable to add guest member (contacts not inside the company) to any team/thread. We're able to do this before Christmas holiday but we can't seem to do this since this morning. We have tried the RingCentral Classic App, the new Unified App and the Mobile Phone App. The add member button is there but it's not doing anything or not doing further actions when being pressed.

on Jan 27, 2021 at 8:41am   •  0 likes

This is still a problem for us. Inviting a guest should be simple, and this isn't that. How can I simply invite a guest user to a team for short term project collaboration? I can't even invite people with "@outlook.com" accounts to a Team, and I'm a superadmin.

on Jan 8, 2021 at 9:17am   •  0 likes

I was surprised to be able to add a new guest to multiple teams after having read this post. But this morning, I just realized I can't write a message to 2 guests?
Both are guest, I'm the superadmin of the account. I have conversation with them individually and within teams.

What account is about?

1610125927144.png

on Jan 8, 2021 at 9:15am   •  0 likes

I was surprised to be able to add a guest to multiple teams after having read this post. But this morning, I just realized I can't write a message to 2 guests?
Both are guest, I'm the superadmin of the account. I have conversation with them individually and within teams.

What account is about?

1610125927144.png

on Dec 30, 2020 at 6:06am   •  2 likes

we are having the same issue. Except we can add some guests but not all. And the guests we can't add have been added to other teams prior.

on Jan 5, 2021 at 6:23am   •  0 likes

I am having this same problem, when will this be fixed?

on Dec 31, 2020 at 9:49am   •  0 likes

We can't add guests and we also are unable to task a lot of our guests which is making it very difficult to run our business, as we were able to rely on this until this week. I have called, messaged and can't get help ANYWHERE with this company. Very, very unimpressed. Also do not want to use the new version. It is awful.

on Jan 1, 2021 at 8:30am   •  0 likes

I am still having this problem since December 24th. Even with the suggestions that were made earlier to allow conversations with guests under Company settings. That doesn't seem to do anything.

on Jan 5, 2021 at 8:39am   •  0 likes

I've actually had inconsistent results here. Some of the guests with the same version I've got of the app: 20.4.31.344 Web, 20.4.30.2774 Windows sees the Administration tab and some do not and they are able to be added to teams, but then the others aren't. This new option is very buggy and it's making it really hard to add any new guests because some can be added to teams and some can't.

on Jan 5, 2021 at 9:11am   •  0 likes

Actually, I just tried to invite new guests and only people with the same domain as what I registered with can be invited. Guests can no longer be invited that have a different domain name.

screenhunter-1019.png

on Dec 30, 2020 at 9:29am   •  0 likes

This option actually needs to be enabled from the external guest that you're adding:

You will need to use the new RingCentral app to do this : https://app.ringcentral.com/login or download the desktop app: https://support.ringcentral.com/download.html

1. Navigate to Settings via the left-hand navigation bar
2. Click the Administration tab in the left pane
3. Click on the Allow conversations with guests dropdown under Company settings and select "All Users"
4. On the Allow external guests to start conversations, toggle the switch to on to start conversations with external guests.

We really don't have to do this option before so I can only guess that RingCentral push an update recently.

on Dec 30, 2020 at 10:00am   •  1 likes

That's what I did and it still is coming up with the error.

on Dec 30, 2020 at 9:13am   •  0 likes

We are also having the same issue and I've configured external guest control. We are no longer able to add guests to any teams. It seems like there was an update after Christmas and it messed things up.

I am now having the same issue. I can no longer add any guests to teams. Existing guests are ok, but we can't add anymore to any teams.

on Dec 29, 2020 at 7:29am   •  0 likes

Hi @nax-nacua, have you already tried to uninstall/reinstall your app?

on Dec 30, 2020 at 9:21am   •  1 likes

I've done this as well and the web version doesn't work either. It used to work before Christmas.

on Dec 29, 2020 at 8:44am   •  -1 likes

@mary-community-moderator yes, it's happening on all platforms across all our company users so I don't think it's app related.

3 Answers
answered on Jan 27, 2021 at 8:52am  

answered on Jan 5, 2021 at 9:56am  

I figured something out. Under Company profile, guests have to have the same company name in their profile as the main account. That seems to have worked. The only thing I'm still having issues with now is I can not invite anymore new guests.

answered on Jan 5, 2021 at 9:40am  

You will ask those new guests to turn-on the "Allow external guests to start conversations." option from their RingCentral account, not from your account.

guide.jpg

It's very inconvenient if you ask me but it did work.

answered on Dec 29, 2020 at 8:57am  

@nax-nacua Please check external guest control settings to make sure guests are allowed to be added on your account: https://support.ringcentral.com/article/configuring-external-guest-control-ringcentral-app.html

on Dec 29, 2020 at 10:07am   •  0 likes

I think it's configured correct as we're able to add members without any problem before.
1609265172291.png

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us