News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
What is "limited mode" on the Chrome Extension ?
Tags: chrome extension
Nov 17, 2020 at 5:31am   •   7 replies  •  0 likes
François Laplante

A user keeps having this red button saying "limited mode" with what looks like a refresh arrow on the Chrome Extension. Can't find any documentation on it... Any idea ?

Cheers

limitedmode.png

on Dec 14, 2020 at 9:20am   •  0 likes

@priscilla-casas, for the last month or so I have been seeing the exact same issue on my mac with this google extension in chrome. Prior to a month ago (or so) this was never an issue. Closing and opening Chromes seems to clear it but then usually overnight it shows back up again in limited mode. Very annoying as I have a lot of things open in chrome and closing everything is a pain.

on Dec 14, 2020 at 11:34am   •  0 likes

@Greg Conner Did you check the Chrome extension update details that Priscilla recommended?
Give that a whirl and then let us know the results.
Also,to make sure you don't have anything blocked in Chrome.

on Dec 14, 2020 at 1:04pm   •  1 likes

Hi Becky. I did do that, and I am on the latest version (at least if I hit upgrade, it says it's on the latest version). I have no idea where the "version 87.000" came from. Like the person above, my version shows 20.4.2.

I also don't know what you mean to make sure chrome isn't "blocking anything". I am a very technical person (as a career) so be as technical as you'd like. I also didn't see any reference to what Priscilla referenced as the HAR.. I'm not sure what that is. I did enable error logging on the extension. After being on for just this afternoon, there are a lot of "errors", but I'm guessing that's a typical developers debug log that shows tons of "normal" errors.

I also couldn't find a way to export the error log file from the extension. I've attached a screen shot of the first page of errors. If there is one you want expanded and snapshotted let me know.gconner error log.png

on Dec 4, 2020 at 7:49am   •  0 likes

Hi François, I have a user experiencing the same issue. Have you been able to identify a root cause or solution since posting? Thanks

on Dec 8, 2020 at 4:49am   •  0 likes

Hi Kyle, no still no answer.

on Nov 17, 2020 at 6:07am   •  0 likes

Thanks Anirban, I had also found this information but in theory, we dont have any limited extensions in our system...

on Nov 17, 2020 at 5:54am   •  1 likes

Not sure but maybe referring to limited extension features.. make sure if it is referring something like this:

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/9232.html?language=en_US

on Dec 7, 2020 at 1:02pm   •  0 likes

I'm having this problem as well. Still seeking an answer. Like the OP, I don't have a "limited extension" and show the same screen as above.

2 Answers
answered on Dec 24, 2020 at 8:02am  

I did notice this occur today when I logged in to my RingCentral extension. I noticed, after closing and reopening, that another message appears to flash right beforehand saying something like "oops there is a problem on our end." and then that the app will update the status when resolved. So maybe this is just when there is an issue with RingCentral/Google and the app that they are working on updating it?

answered on Dec 8, 2020 at 11:28am  

Make sure the Chrome extension is updated since Chrome is now running the 87.000 version. Also, within the Chrome extension setting make sure what the user's calling preference is set to.

Recommendation : pull up the HAR and Console Logs and see if there are any warnings or errors showing there. To make sure that you do not have anything blocked in chrome.

RC support

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us