question

bhargava-deshpande5104 avatar image
bhargava-deshpande5104 asked ak answered

"In order to call this API endpoint, application needs to have [Glip] permission" error - how do I authorize my chatbot with Glip permissions?

I am trying to create a basic chatbot in Glip using the BotKit. Whenever I send any message to my bot, I am getting the following error.

"In order to call this API endpoint, application needs to have [Glip] permission". Can anyone tell me what I need to do to authorize my chatbot app with Glip permissions?

Thanks in advance,

Bhargava

rest apiauthenticationpermissions
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered ak commented
Login developer.ringcentral.com, find your app, in the settings tab, add "Glip" to the "Permissions Needed" section.

Please reply if you have difficulties.
6 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·
I've talked to project managers. We are planning to open the Glip APIs in the coming release and let user self service the permission. Please stay tuned.
1 Like 1 ·
bhargava-deshpande5104 avatar image bhargava-deshpande5104 commented ·
Hi Tyler,

Thanks for your response.

I tried adding the Glip permission but I do not get this permission in the Listbox. Can you tell me how I can get that permission here?

Regards,
Bhargava
0 Likes 0 ·
ak avatar image ak commented ·
Hi Bhargava,

Could you please provide the name of your application on RingCentral and we would add the permission.

0 Likes 0 ·
ak avatar image ak commented ·
We have added the 'Glip' permission to both the applications under your account. Kindly confirm if you are able to authorize the chatbot app with the 'Glip' permissions. 
0 Likes 0 ·
bhargava-deshpande5104 avatar image bhargava-deshpande5104 commented ·
Hi AK,

Awesome! I am able to see the Glip permissions added to my apps.

However I am not able to add the Glip permissions to newer apps on my own. Can you please provide me the privileges to authorize my apps with Glip permissions?

Regards,
Bhargava
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
bhagyashree-more8248 avatar image
bhagyashree-more8248 answered
Hi Tyler & Ak

I am also getting same issue I added permission for meeting, callrecording,etc. From that glip, webhook,SMS are active other are inactive. Can you please guide me? My app name is my-Bot
1 |3000

ak avatar image
ak answered
Bhagyashree,

It looks like you have not made API calls to exercise all the permissions on your app. See screenshot below, per which you have only made API calls to exercise the below permissions:
  • Glip
  • Webhook Subscriptions
  • SMS
  • Read Messages
  • Read Presence

If this is blocking your App from Graduation, you can remove all the Unused permissions from your application. 

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys