News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Virtual Background System Requirements are Excessive
Tags: meetings
Oct 21, 2020 at 10:36am   •   7 replies  •  2 likes
David Garrity

The requirements to run a virtual background without green screen on macos 10.14 and higher is ridiculous, with the i7 cpu requirement. Zoom, which RC meetings is based off, does not have these requirements, so what is with RC code that is so poor forcing the higher requirements.

on May 5, 2021 at 7:31am   •  0 likes

Still a problem. We just moved our organization to Ring Central. With Zoom, no problem to use virtual backgrounds. On RC, if users try to remove the "I have a green screen" check mark, it tells them they don't meet system requirements. Makes no sense at all - its still Zoom just inside of RC.

on Jan 21, 2021 at 1:54pm   •  0 likes

My computer slows down to the point I can't keep the video call connected. Any settings I should be looking at? Using a Surfacebook 2

on Jan 22, 2021 at 9:20am   •  0 likes

Hello Robert,

Please check if your hardware specifications meets the required system requirements.

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/RingCentral-Meetings-Virtual-Background-Hardware-Specifications.html

on Jan 24, 2021 at 7:19pm   •  0 likes

Has this issue been resolved yet? I have a MacBookPro and when I attempt to create a virtual background without a green screen, I get an error message. I do not have a green screen. Thank you.

on Jan 18, 2021 at 1:02pm   •  0 likes

Not just the Macs. I have a few i5s and an i9 Dell laptop that are throwing the same ridiculous error.

on Dec 21, 2020 at 8:33am   •  0 likes

I gues you can share your concern with community.support@ringcentral.com regarding the product. They will take appropriate action.

on Dec 21, 2020 at 6:35am   •  1 likes

Were having the same pain with intel i7 processors on surface laptop 2 and surface laptop 3. They boost to well over 3ghz but RC still says not sufficient to do virtual background without a green screen. It works fine in the legacy rc meeting client. No issues in other meeting software such as teams and zoom.

on Jan 13, 2021 at 3:26pm   •  0 likes

I agree with David and Matt. this is beyond silly. that is like saying hey you can have a bowl of ice-cream but only if you have bone china bowls. why does Ring Central hate the Mac users?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us