question

Sujesh Shahi avatar image
Sujesh Shahi asked Phong Vu answered

How do i activate the status of device ??

I am building a react native application for calling .First of all i tried using the webphone RTC via web browser: https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-web-phone. It works perfectly fine in web browsers.But the thing i need is to call via react-native application I am building.

I tried call via ring-central using 'ring out call' post api and 'call control- make callout' post api(beta version).But the problem i am facing is when i integrate these apis to react-native applications : To have a two way communication I need to be online in the web phone .Then when i call from react native it goes to the web phone first.And then when i dial 'answer' it redirects to the number i want to call to.Then only i can have a two way communication.

So, what do we do if i want to directly call via react-native application to the recipient directly?

P.s. If i am not online in the web phone from browser the call automatically goes to the voicemail.

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Khadhar Koneti avatar image
Khadhar Koneti answered Sujesh Shahi commented

Hi, Have you tried to use javascript sdk ?

https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-js

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Sujesh Shahi avatar image Sujesh Shahi commented ·

Yes I am using javascript sdk,I am using password flow for logging in.Then when i try to call using call control post api then the receiver can pick it up.But i am not able to have a two way communcation between caller and receiver.It goes to the voice mail.What do i have to do for calling from react native mobile application?Which api or some extra settings i have to configure or something??

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

So hard to understand your question from the title and the detailed description.

I guessed that you want to implement a functional phone using react native where you want to use the RingCentral WebRTC SDK to handle incoming and outgoing phone calls.

First of all, please mind the browser compatibility supported by the WebPhone SDK. Secondly, it is not trivial and I cannot support you on the react-native part. However, RingCentral provides an easy way to embed a RingCentral embeddable phone to any webpage and that app is an open source project. You can use the embeddable as such or clone the project and learn from the code or modify it to meet your requirements.

Click on the links above to find further information.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys