News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Phone Rings when shared line call is on hold
Tags: phone, phone
Oct 7, 2020 at 9:48am   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
Thomas C.

When we place a shared line call on hold it will ring on the other phones that can access the shared line. Isn't this the intended way it's supposed to work? Is there a way to change this? We have a user claiming that it was never working that way before and wants it changed, but I've always experienced the above behavior and can't see a setting for this in the system.

on Dec 14, 2020 at 7:16am   •  0 likes

I opened a ticket on this a few weeks ago, and Support closed it saying "working as designed". We're new to RC we this simply doesn't sound like reasonable functionality.

on Dec 14, 2020 at 7:20am   •  0 likes

I remember our organization getting the exact same answer back in 2016 when we first deployed it. The "solution" for me on this was to disable the ability for the lines we didn't want ringing to pick up a monitored line on hold. This stopped the ringing and the users said they didn't need the functionality.

on Dec 14, 2020 at 7:27am   •  1 likes

But turning off that feature removes the ability to pick up calls on hold on presence lines. That will not do.

on Nov 25, 2020 at 9:59am   •  0 likes

Just started having this same problem. Did you ever figure out how to fix it?

on Dec 14, 2020 at 3:56am   •  0 likes

Hello @Ken Webb, please open a case HERE if you are still experiencing the issue. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

on Dec 14, 2020 at 5:35am   •  1 likes

I figure out our problem, but it may not be the source of yours as I'm now realizing that i might have worded it wrong. We are using a phone line/extension as a main line that multiple phones can pick up. We had to disable "Enable me to pick up a monitored line on hold " on the phones picking that one up to stop them from ringing when that central line was put on hold.

on Oct 7, 2020 at 10:46am   •  0 likes

Hello@Thomas C. apologies, we need to make sure of your settings. It would be best if you created a case here, and our phone support will contact you as soon as possible. Thank you!

1 Answer
answered on Apr 29, 2021 at 11:12am  

We have the same issue and are new to RingCentral. Would parking the call work instead of putting the call on hold?

on Apr 29, 2021 at 11:18am   •  0 likes

I'm not sure since we don't use parking in our RC system. I just disabled the ability to pick up monitored lines on hold from the other phones they didn't want ringing. This only worked because they didn't need to have those phones picking it up.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us