question

robert-raj avatar image
robert-raj asked ·

Create webhook for receiving calls using Javascript sdk

HI all try create webhook for receiving calls using javascript sdk, but i got Error: Parameter [request] value is invalid
This is my following code
 var _eventFilters = [];
_eventFilters.push('/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/' + 101 + '/presence?detailedTelephonyState=true&aggregated=true')

rcsdk.platform()
.send({
method: 'POST', url: '/subscription', eventFilters: _eventFilters, deliveryMode: { "transportType": "WebHook", "encryption": false, "address": "https://33d7f758.ngrok.io/RingCentralTest/RcTest"; } }) .then(function (apiResponse) { console.log(apiResponse.json()) }) .catch(function (e) { console.log(e) });
 Thanks in Advance
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ak avatar image
ak answered ·
Hi Robert,

The event filters that you have passed for creating the subscription via WebHook is wrong. 

Kindly use the below code and try the API call again:

var _eventFilters = [];
        _eventFilters.push('/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/presence?detailedTelephonyState=true&aggregated=true')

When you pass the event filters for an extension you can either provide :

1.) (~) which would refer to the extension authorized by.
2.) Provide the extensionID for an extension, which you can look up using the below API Endpoint
      Get Extensions List
      GET  /v1.0/account/{accountId}/extension/

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered ·
101 is extension number. Extension ID is expected.

robert-raj avatar image
robert-raj answered ·
After applying the extension id getting the error

Error: Parameter [request] value is invalid
    at Client.<anonymous> (/var/www/html/commusoft-app/node_modules/ringcentral/src/http/Client.js:62)
    at <anonymous>
5 comments Share

Can you help us to help you by posting what you changed/added to the eventFilters.

Basically, you don't need to specify the extension id at all if you login with an extension's credentials. The string "account/~/extension/~/" will tell the server to use the current login extension.

Also, please notify us if an answer helped you solve your problem so we can mark it as "answered".

+ Phong
0 Likes 0 · ·
I am seeing the same error. Here is my eventFilters:
'eventFilters':["/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/presence?detailedTelephonyState=true&sipData=true",
"/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/message-store",
"/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/presence/line",
"/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension"] I logged in with no extension. Any idea why the parameter request value is invalid?
0 Likes 0 · ·
Yiru,

You don't need to specify the extensionId if you login with an extension's credentials.

The string "account/~/extension/~/" will tell the server to use the current login extension. If you did not login with an extension, I mean you just used the Username and Password then the default Extension would be used to Login ( Default Ext could be 101 unless changed )

You will get the below error only when the request body is incorrect:
{"errorCode":"CMN-101","message":"Parameter [request] value is invalid","errors":[{"errorCode":"CMN-101","message":"Para (truncated...) 
Please could you provide the complete API request here? My assumption is that you are missing something in the HTTP Body when you are creating a subscription using the /subscription API endpoint.

Just for reference, you could look up the HTTP Body Parameters for the subscription endpoint below:

https://developer.ringcentral.com/api-explorer/latest/index.html#/!/Push_Notifications/createSubscri...

0 Likes 0 · ·
I got to resolve the problem. I didn't render the Json data properly so my request body was incorrect. Thanks!
0 Likes 0 · ·
Awesome 
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.