question

Keval Savani avatar image
Keval Savani asked Phong Vu answered

Basic authentication header is missing or malformed

Issue 1: I am trying to generate token once the user is redirected from the Login page, my platform type is Server/Web.

Here my response from the postman.

Issue 2: Also, the same thing had occurred in platform Type: Server-only (No UI)

I have a PHP SDK and using it in the Laravel application.

Here is my code:

This is what my Laravel app said when I executed the above code:

Can anyone help me out with this issue.

errorsauthentication
1575008876661.png (26.3 KiB)
1575009008858.png (4.4 KiB)
1575009561060.png (80.5 KiB)
1575009775596.png (20.8 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Khadhar Koneti avatar image
Khadhar Koneti answered

Hi,

Have you verified ring central oauth documentation. We need to use that to generate oauth token. Here you need to pass your application client id.

https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/authentication

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Keval Savani avatar image
Keval Savani answered

Hi,

As you can see in my above code, I have passed the required info to generate a token.

Also any idea about Server-only (No UI), it has the same issue.

1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

1. Can you first double check if you passed the client id and client secret for each app correctly. Meaning the one for Server/Web and the one for Server-only(No UI).

2. Can you also print out the full response of your issue #2 (not just the message)

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys