News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Dev Test RingOut to my home phone
Tags: ringout
Sep 3, 2020 at 10:38am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Tammy Wolski

Within the RingOut website, I was able to make a sample RingOut work, and it rang my home phone. However, when I POST the RingOut API request using Postman or my own custom app built using Lazarus and FreePascal, I get an "In Progress" response... but my home phone doesn't ring. Is this a problem with my code somewhere, or is it an intentional limitation of the "platform.devtest." environment, and the production RingCentral platform will actually ring my home phone?

2 Answers
answered on Sep 4, 2020 at 11:59am  

I had been successfully using ringout from Python for a month or two but it suddenly stopped working a few days ago, around Sept 1 or Aug 31 and now, magically, it is working again this morning.

I used the same code I always have, pretty much a copy of the code from the Python dev page, and I got a response of "InProgress" but my phone no longer rang. When I queried the call status a second time, a few seconds later, I got a status of "GenericError."

My bet is that something was broken on the server side, so I'd suggest trying it again today, since it seems to be back up and working for me.

answered on Sep 3, 2020 at 10:45am  

RingOut works on sandbox and production. I believe that there is something wrong in your code. But I can't see so can't say what and why.

Check out the dev guide getting stared code in other programming language here and try with the one you are familiar with.

https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/voice/quick-start/node

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us