News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Is it possbile to de-authorize a computer using C# API for Softphone?
Tags: softphone, authorization
Aug 13, 2020 at 7:48am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
Cyril Thomas

Sorry if this question was asked already. I am new to RingCentral and RingCentral API.

I was asked a question from upper management to have softphone authorized PC to be de-authorized nightly by a batch job.

This is a medical field where users move around a lot and when they have login to use softphone on different PC other than the original one, they are not able to.

Thank you in Advance.

3 Answers
answered on Nov 24, 2020 at 5:59am  

@Justin Dale

For now you can put this as a new feature request here: https://ideas.ringcentral.com/

The RingCentral team will review the idea and get back to you

answered on Nov 23, 2020 at 8:51am  

Hi Phong, has this been added recently?

We're really disappointed that a user can not be signed into multiple desktop apps - especially when those users work in different places in the business. If we could write an app they could run to de-authorize themselves that would be great. We have removed access for users to change their own Call Handling and Phone settings (so they cannot deauthorize themselves from the website either).

Either that, or add a "De-authorize" button to the same popup that tells them they aren't allowed to log in multiple times. I will add that as a separate product idea

answered on Aug 13, 2020 at 2:43pm  

Unfortunately, there is no API to de-authorize a device. I will discuss internally to see if this could be a support feature in the future.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us