question

Dan Day avatar image
Dan Day asked Phong Vu answered

Call Control permission required for webhook subscriptions?

Hello,

I'm building an application that needs to subscribe to webhooks for telephony events (/restapi/v1.0/account/:id/telephony/sessions). When trying to add a webhook subscription we got the following error:

"Required application permission [CallControl] is missing"

After adding that permission to our application we're able to successfully subscribe. The problem is making valid requests using the "Call Control" permission in order to pass app graduation. That's the only permission showing up in the dashboard saying we haven't made any requests using that permission:

We don't have plans to use any of the APIs using that permission. From the docs it looks like the majority of endpoints using that permission are for interacting with live calls. I thought I could use the "Make CallOut" endpoint but can't figure out how to configure a device to get a device ID to use in our sandbox account (https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Call-Control/createCallOutCallSession).

Any suggestions on how to proceed so we can get our app graduated?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

graduation
rc-permissions.png (57.2 KiB)
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

What is your app client id? I can check and help graduate your app manually.

0 Likes 0 ·
Dan Day avatar image Dan Day Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Phong,

Thanks for the reply. Our app client ID is 13D_cdm7TMWYIq5Hi4Zdbg. We only have one days worth of requests so far but I will be making more tomorrow and going forward to meet graduation requirements.

Thanks for the help!

Dan

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Dan Day commented ·

Thanks! App graduated and check your email for further info.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Manual graduation done!

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys