question

Louis-Philippe Perron avatar image
Louis-Philippe Perron asked Phong Vu commented

Is there an API to control the Rooms app?

Is there an API to control the Rooms app? Like to start/stop meetings, start sharing or whiteboard, giving the same controls as the in room tablet interface?

Thanks

rest apirooms
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Khadhar Koneti avatar image
Khadhar Koneti answered

HI,

As per my knowledge, we don't have this flexibility with RC. I have verified and I didn't observe any API to handle start sharing or whiteboard.

https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/meetings

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered
1 |3000

Louis-Philippe Perron answered Phong Vu commented

It seems weird that the Meeting API has an "End Meeting' interface, but no "Start Meeting".

3 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

If I remember correctly, when you create a meeting without the schedule param, the meeting can be started immediately.

0 Likes 0 ·
Louis-Philippe Perron avatar image Louis-Philippe Perron Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Yes,

but starting a scheduled meeting from a list is THE central functionalities we are using and this does not seem to be possible with the API.

Then all the "in meeting" control, like camera control, sharing control, whiteboard control are all missing from the API.

I can only conclude the API does not provide what is needed to properly control the Ringcentral Room Meetings feature.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Louis-Philippe Perron commented ·

Unfortunately, that is all public meeting APIs we have currently. If this is critical for your project, can you submit a support ticket to see if they can help.

0 Likes 0 ·
Louis-Philippe Perron answered

Bump!

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys