question

Rob Ljunggren avatar image
Rob Ljunggren asked Phong Vu edited

Call Groups and Overflow

Is there any changes that are coming down the line where i can have my Call group set to Simultaneous ring and also have the Call Overflow on?

ringcentral appcall queues
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Saying call groups, do you mean the call queue? And can you explain the call overflow scenario?

0 Likes 0 ·
Rob Ljunggren avatar image Rob Ljunggren Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Yeah Call Queue!

Take one group for example, I have 7 agents/reps/L1 in that Que but i want it to ring Simultaneous. Then if no one answers in the time frame given it over flows to our Level 2 group. Right now the system does not work this way so i had to use a different way to get it done, but it messes up the live reporting.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the explanation!

1. For ringing simultaneously, have you tried to set the call queue's call handing to "Simultaneous"? If not, try it and let me know. Unfortunately, this needs to be done via the service web dashboard only (not via API call)

2. This is a bit tricky because by the system only lets you transfer unanswered calls from a call queue to a voicemail. I am thinking of a workaround solution (I have not tried this myself though) so you can try as follows:

• So e.g. you have 7 agents in a call queue. Make sure all of them should have the same call handling and forwarding rules by numbers of ringing.
  • If you expect an incoming call to ring 5 times (25 secs) before you transfer the call to the level 2 group (if no one answers), then you can set the call handling for all 7 agents to ring for 6 times.
  • Then you add an extra agent to the call queue and set the call handling for this extra agent to ring 5 times. And create a call forwarding rule to transfer the call to the level 2 group for this extra agent.

This way, the extra agent would acts as a call queue manager whose task is just to forward the call to the level 2 group.

If you have problem with trying this workaround solution, please let me know.

Hope this helps!

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Rob Ljunggren avatar image
Rob Ljunggren answered Phong Vu edited

I tried that and still will not enable the call overflow option.

screenshot-7.png (11.9 KiB)
screenshot-8.png (22.9 KiB)
1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I got what you want to achieve now. Not my workaround solution but follow the system's settings. So let me check and get back to you soon.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys