question

alan11589 avatar image
alan11589 asked Phong Vu edited

Invalid resource owner credentials using the API Explorer

I created a new app on dev to access messages and have the credentials provided, however when I try to authenticate in the API Explorer I get the following error:

{
  "error": "invalid_grant",
  "errors": [
    {
      "errorCode": "OAU-140",
      "message": "Invalid resource owner credentials"
    }
  ],
  "error_description": "Invalid resource owner credentials"
}
authentication
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Not sure how you authenticate in the Api Explorer, but here is what you can try.

1. Login you dev portal at https://developers.ringcentral.com

2. Select the API Explorer menu

3. Choose one of the API to test. E.g. choose Voice -> Call Log -> Get User Call Log Records

4. Click Try It out and at the prompt, select the app you created from the list. Make sure that that app has the Read Call Log permission

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

alan11589 avatar image
alan11589 answered Phong Vu edited

That seems to work, however I cannot use the main company number in the dev portal with the password I use to login with to make a request???? +14242140871

I am trying to retrieve message attachments via a c# program and it seems the number provided to authenticate does not work.

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

The dev portal login credentials is different from your sandbox account login credentials. And when you use the API Explorer from the dev portal, it only operates on behalf of the 101 extension.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys