question

PCIC Team avatar image
PCIC Team asked PCIC Team commented

RingCentral not reachable for Fax - Recurrences are increasing

We are facing issues related to RC not being available for Fax API.

Following is one example:

Response: StatusCode: 404, ReasonPhrase: 'Not Found', Version: 1.1, Content: System.Net.Http.StreamContent, Headers: { Connection: keep-alive RCRequestId: a02bf940-ea3d-11e9-9b97-005056afc229 RoutingKey: SJC01P13PAS07 X-Rate-Limit-Group: medi

Here is another one:

The remote host closed the connection. The error code is 0x80070057.

What is going on with this issue? Please connect immediately.

rest api
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

PCIC Team avatar image PCIC Team commented ·

We have already looked through the docs and have not found any convincing answers. Here is one of them https://forums.developers.ringcentral.com/questions/281/fax-out-503-temporarily-unavailable.html

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Can you give me your app client id?

0 Likes 0 ·
PCIC Team avatar image PCIC Team Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

GSMULQ2xSTevFxZIQloKbw

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered PCIC Team commented

I see that you have some successful fax API calls in the last 7 days. Isn't that you could send some faxes successfully?

I only see a few 404 responses from the get message-store and get content API calls. Can you double check to confirm this.

4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

PCIC Team avatar image PCIC Team commented ·

Yes, there were some 404 responses. We would like to know why? The data sent in the requests are all valid values. Please let us know the reason behind the 4xx errors.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ PCIC Team commented ·

What data? Can you post the content ID, the request you sent to the message-store or content API? Without seeing it, it is impossible for me to say why it failed.

0 Likes 0 ·
PCIC Team avatar image PCIC Team Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Following is the fax request. RC responded with id1185180239028. However the request was set to sending failed. I have removed the data from "bytes" and "phoneNumber" field for readability and HIPAA requirements.

{

"attachments":

[

{

"fileName":"cover.htm"

,"bytes":""

,"contentType":"text/html"

}

,{

"fileName":"1.png"

,"bytes":""

,"contentType":"image/png"

}

]

,"faxResolution":"High"

,"to":[

{

"phoneNumber":"xxxxxx"

}

]

,"sendTime":null

,"isoCode":null

,"coverIndex":0

,"coverPageText":null

}

0 Likes 0 ·
PCIC Team avatar image PCIC Team PCIC Team commented ·

Following is another error logged today (in UTC). The error was logged in our system. Request Id is bolded and underlined.

Time: 2019-10-11 11:02:52.167

Error Message: Response: StatusCode: 404, ReasonPhrase: 'Not Found', Version: 1.1, Content: System.Net.Http.StreamContent, Headers: { Connection: keep-alive RCRequestId: ab728ae6-ec16-11e9-bb7d-005056af70d4 RoutingKey: IAD01P13PAS06 X-Rate-Limit-Group: medi

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys