question

hardik-joshi6230 avatar image
hardik-joshi6230 asked ak answered

How can i create multiple phone number for each client ?

we basically need to implement fax services into our web based product(Made using c# and javascript) and we are having multiple customers.

If we want to write the app once and use it for multiple customers, does each customer have to register for a developer account and get a unique app key and app secret or can we use the same ones generated for our app under our developer account? there should be different fax number for each customer that is what we want.

so do i need create separate application for each customer to have separate fax number for them or anything else i need to do ?

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
You can create a single PUBLIC app for all the customers.

Private apps will be available for the users belonging to your RingCentral account only. Public apps will be available for users from other RingCentral accounts as well.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

hardik-joshi6230 answered
what i have to do if i want to assign separate fax number for each customer ?
1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered

Your last question is not a SDK/API question. I am unable to answer it because I have no experience. Could you please turn to the customer care center? https://support.ringcentral.com/

1 |3000

hardik-joshi6230 answered
Thanks Tyler
1 |3000

paco-vu avatar image
paco-vu answered

Hi Hardik,

It depends on "client" type. A) a client who uses your services and also has a RingCentral account. Or B) a client who uses your services and DO NOT have a RingCentral account.

A) You must make your app a "public" type app and let your client login with their own credentials (RC account's username and password). In this case, your client uses their own extension phone number as their fax number.

B) You can make your app a "private" app type, and under your RingCentral account, add as many users as you need for your clients (think your client is your employee). For each client, you will give the username (extension phone number) and password so they can login and use your fax service.

Edited mistakes!

+ Paco
1 |3000

ketan7593 avatar image
ketan7593 answered Phong Vu commented
Hi Paco, 

in case of B) - when fax is received, would it show user phone number or always show main account phone number as sender fax number

Ketan

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Ketan,

The received fax item seen on the receiver phone (e.g. the RingCentral soft-phone) or fax machine will show the phone number, or the name if the receiver has save that phone number with a name in its contact.

On the fax cover page, the From table will show the detailed info of the extension you specified for that phone number.

0 Likes 0 ·
sushil-kumar6908 avatar image
sushil-kumar6908 answered
Hello,

I want to implement Ringout call functionality in my website using PHP SDK. I just followed the PHP SDK :  https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-php 

Oauth Demo ( for getting accessTokens ) : https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-demos-oauth/tree/master/php 

RingCentral Desktop for Mac ?Windows :  https://www.ringcentral.com/office/features/desktop-apps/overview.html

I got the access token using SDK. However, when I tried to set the data using following code, I got error on client.php. I am stuck in the issue.

$platform->auth()->setData($platform->auth()->data());

Here is the error log:
[23-Nov-2017 17:46:05 Asia/Kolkata] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Response has unsuccessful status' in /../../public_html/rccall/vendor/ringcentral/ringcentral-php/src/Http/ Client.php:43
Stack trace:
#0 /../../public_html/rccall/vendor/ringcentral/ringcentral-php/src/Platform/ Platform.php(276): RingCentral\SDK\Http\Client->send(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\Request))
#1 /../../public_html/rccall/vendor/ringcentral/ringcentral-php/src/Platform/ Platform.php(291): RingCentral\SDK\Platform\Platform->sendRequest(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\Request), Array)
#2 /../../public_html/rccall/ index.php(110): RingCentral\SDK\Platform\Platform->get('/account/~/exte...')
#3 {main}

Next exception 'RingCentral\SDK\Http\ApiException' with message ' Method Not Allowed' in /../../public_html/rccall/vendor/ringcentral/ringcentral-php/src/Http/ Client.php:54
Stack trace:
#0 /../../public_html/rccall/vendor/ringcentral/ringcentral-php/src/Platform/ Platform.php(276): RingCentral\SDK\Http\Client->send(Object(GuzzleHttp\P in /../../public_html/rccall/vendor/ringcentral/ringcentral-php/src/Http/ Client.php on line 54

Kindly help me out the issue and assist me how can I use RC to make call using Ringout.

Thanks in advance,
Sushil
1 |3000

ak avatar image
ak answered
Hi Sushil,

• If you are getting the accessTokens using the OAuth Demo, then need not explicitly set the auth data. The demo application is doing this based on the accessTokens you store in the $_SESSION variable:
$platform->auth()->setData((array)json_decode($_SESSION['sessionAccessToken'])); 
you can see this in the demo application. Click here . Once the accessTokens are set you can use the $platform object to make the ringout API call as below :
$apiResponse = $platform->post('/account/~/extension/~/ringout', array( 'from' => array('phoneNumber' => 'enter the from PhoneNumber'), 'to' => array('phoneNumber' => 'enter the to phoneNumber');
$json = $apiResponse response->json();

• However, from the error logs, you have provided (see highlighted) it looks like you are making a GET request to the RingOut endpoint.

Could you please provide the complete API request? 

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys