question

sagar-patel7810 avatar image
sagar-patel7810 asked Tyler Liu commented

Send MMS Using api and sdk in C#

How Can i send MMS using ringcentral sdk and api.

if anyone have sample code in C# then please share with me.

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
I am creating a demo snippet. Stay tuned.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
1 |3000

sagar-patel7810 answered
Thank You  i am  able to send MMS.
But What should i do to sent the mms to a list of 50 numbers in one API call.

1 |3000

sagar-patel7810 answered Phong Vu commented

i have tried to send the list of 502 numbers for sms but i get error message thent

number of receipents exceeds than the group of MMS : [10] ?

why do i get it as it is clearly mentioned in yor api doc that 50 numbers list can be send for SMS/MMS per call.

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/RingCentral-Business-SMS-Frequently-Asked-Questions.html

8. Is there a limit to the number of recipients I can send an SMS / MMS to?

You can send an unlimited number of SMS / MMS to anybody in United States.

9. Is there a limit to the number of SMS / MMS that I can send?

You can send an SMS / MMS to up to a maximum of 50 recipients per SMS / MMS at once.

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·
I think the FAQ has a mistake.

Please refer to the API reference for extensive information  https://developer.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html#!#RefSMSMessages.html

+ Phong
0 Likes 0 ·
Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
What is the exact error message please? You can catch and print the error message like this:  https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-csharp-client#exception-handling

We can provide further help as long as we see the exact error message.
1 |3000

Benny Dadon avatar image
Benny Dadon answered Tyler Liu commented

I'm getting a error while sending MMS by using C#

IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\DELL\Source\Repos\CosmeticsOms\Oms.Web\wwwroot\files\RingCentral\test_4e28.jpg' because it is being used by another process.

MY CODE

var attachment = new Attachment { fileName = model.FileName, contentType = imageType, bytes = System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes(filePathCopy) };

2 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Seems the file is being open by another program in your computer. This may have nothing to do with the SDK or the API.

0 Likes 0 ·
Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·

It is not a RingCentral or SDK issue. As the error message suggests, the image is being used by another process.

And the error message is thrown by System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes(filePathCopy) which is just plain C# code.

You could try quit other processes which is locking that file. Or you may make a copy of the file.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys