question

rakesh-7906 avatar image
rakesh-7906 asked karina-gusmanova2227 commented

Send batch request to update extension presence

I want to change the status for all extensions at a given time. I have tried the following address to send a batch request /restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/230794004,230908004/presence to update 2 extensions. However, this is throwing an error Resource for parameter [extensionId] is not found. What is the correct endpoint for this?

extension
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

igor-bebin avatar image
igor-bebin answered karina-gusmanova2227 commented
Hi Rakesh,

Batch update is not suppported for Presence API. 

May I ask what goal you're trying to achieve? E.g. update DnD status for multiple Users doesn' look like a common Presence use Case.

Thanks,
Igor

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

karina-gusmanova2227 avatar image karina-gusmanova2227 commented ·
Hi Rakesh,
Sorry for misinformation, it's the error in docs, we'll fix it, thank you for finding out.

1 Like 1 ·
rakesh-7906 avatar image rakesh-7906 commented ·
Thank you for your reply. I have read the API docs and it says that it's supported - Unless this is wrong??:  https://developer.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html?section=RefExtensionList.html#!#RefUser...  Update User Status
Updates user-defined extension(s) presence status, status message and DnD status by extension ID(s). Supports only regular User extensions.  Batch request  is supported.

I am looking to add this as we have issues in the morning where users have left their ringcentral status as available the evening before when leaving the office. When clients ring in the morning, ringcentral still thinks they are active and attempts to ring those extensions. The only way to stop this behavior is ensure they set it as "not accept call queue" and change dnd status. I was looking to set all extensions as offline in a batch request at some point in the late evening so we don't have to rely on the user.
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys