Here's the scenario we need:

1. Rep is on phone with customer

2. Rep initiates a warm transfer

3. The warm transfer needs to be a call out to multiple non-RC phone numbers

4. The first phone to answer should get connected in the warm transfer

How can this be accomplished?

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

Unfortunately, I don't see any API which is capable to transfer a call to multiple phone numbers. If your requirement is not restricted to non-RC phone numbers, then perhaps, it is doable via a call queue where you have a call queue with multiple members and transfer the call to that call queue. The call queue will ring its members (simultaneously, rotating or sequentially depend on the setting of the call queue). The system will take care of connecting the call to an agent who first pickup the transferred call.

Hope this helps!

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

matt-norton12651 avatar image matt-norton12651 commented ·

I don't want to necessarily transfer multiple numbers, but rather call multiple numbers, then transfer the first one that answers. Is it possible to call out multiple numbers and maybe join the call when they answer? Maybe if the initial call is parked?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ matt-norton12651 commented ·

The Call Out API allows to dial only one number so I don't think that this is doable. The problem is to call non-RC numbers, otherwise, I think it is doable via a call queue.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys