question

Usman butt avatar image
Usman butt asked Phong Vu edited

Inbound Caller ID lookup notification

Hello Everyone,

We're looking to develop realtime caller ID look up notification plugin which will display a pop up notification within RepairDesk whenever a store receive a call on their phone number.

I've looked at web hook & notifications documentation however I'm unable to find this info. It would be great if someone can guide us on what API documents to look at.

I appreciate the help.

Best,
Usman

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu edited

I don't know what programming language you are using so just assumed that you are using Node JS. If not, check out other languages under the same category.

First of all, get familiar with Webhook by following the quick start guideline from the link below

https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/notifications/quick-start/webhook/node

Then, replace the event filter

eventFilters: ['/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/message-store/instant?type=SMS']

with

eventFilters: ['/restapi/v1.0/account/~/presence/?detailedTelephonyState=true'],

With this event filter, you can get notification for all extensions (users) under the account. If you have a list of users whom you want to monitor, specify a list of event filters instead. E.g.

eventFilters: [
'/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/[EXTENSION_ID]/presence/?detailedTelephonyState=true',
'/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/[EXTENSION_ID]/presence/?detailedTelephonyState=true',
'/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/[EXTENSION_ID]/presence/?detailedTelephonyState=true'],

Remember that you need to login the app with an admin user role.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys