question

stephanie avatar image
stephanie asked igor-bebin commented

SUB-412 when trying to create a webhook

I have successfully been able to get my token with the oauth2 process.

From the developer account I have added the following scopes:

ReadContacts ReadMessages ReadPresence Contacts ReadAccounts EditExtensions ReadCallLog ReadCallRecording SubscriptionWebhook

But when I am trying to create a webhook through this request:

POST https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/subscription

{

"eventFilters": [

"/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/presence?detailedTelephonyState=true&sipData=true",

"/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/message-store",

"/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/presence/line",

"/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension"

],

"deliveryMode": {

"transportType": "WebHook",

"address": "https://requestb.in/wxg5nvwx"

}

}

I receive this error 403 Forbidden:

{

"errorCode": "SUB-412",

"message": "[HUD] extension permission is required for the following event filter: [/restapi/v1.0/account/226393004/extension/226393004/presence/line]",

"errors": [

{

"errorCode": "SUB-412",

"message": "[HUD] extension permission is required for the following event filter: [/restapi/v1.0/account/226393004/extension/226393004/presence/line]",

"filter": "/restapi/v1.0/account/226393004/extension/226393004/presence/line",

"permissionName": "HUD"

}

],

"filter": "/restapi/v1.0/account/226393004/extension/226393004/presence/line",

"permissionName": "HUD"

}

Can someone point me on my mistake?

Thanks in advance

Stephanie

webhooks
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
extension permission is required 

You need to add extension permission to your RingCentral app. Please login your RingCentral developer account to change the permissions.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

stephanie avatar image
stephanie answered
Hi,

Thank you for your answer but I am not sure to know where to add this permission.
I thought I added it by adding EditExtensions.
You are talking about the Settings tab, into the OAuth settings section than in the Permissions Needed, right? I have everything I could add about the Extensions.
I have added all those permissions: ReadContacts ReadMessages ReadPresence Contacts ReadAccounts EditExtensions ReadCallLog ReadCallRecording SubscriptionWebhook EditPresence

What should I add more? The only permissions left are EditMessages, Faxes, Glip, Internal messages, Meeting, Ring out, SMS, VoIP calling.

I don't know what to add more...
Thanks for your help.
Stephanie
1 |3000

ak avatar image
ak answered
Stephanie,

Thanks for the information. All the app permissions you have look perfect. Well basically, all the permissions you would need is:

Read Messages, Read Presence, Read Accounts, Webhook Subscriptions

We are looking into the issue. Please watch this space for more updates. Thanks.

1 |3000

igor-bebin avatar image
igor-bebin answered
Hi Stephanie,

There are 2 types of Permissions: User and Application. Above error is specifically for missing User permission "HUD".

I've granted your account with "HUD" permission, could you please check whether it works now?

Just in case, you can chack in via Service Web (under admin view): Users -> Roles -> *Any Role* -> search for 'HUD' permission.

Thanks,
Igor
1 |3000

stephanie avatar image
stephanie answered igor-bebin commented
Hi Igor,

Thank you very much for pointing me that, it is working now.
So if I want to create webhooks automatically for my customers I have to ask them to check this option or can I do it for them?

Sincerely,
Stephanie

1 comment
1 |3000

igor-bebin avatar image igor-bebin commented ·
Stepanie,

"HUD" permission is enabled for the most of Tiers, except some of Developers Tiers. If "HUD" is disabled on account the only way to enable it is to ask Dev Support.

Thanks,
1 Like 1 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys